• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 3: Utah Valley Wolverines - Tuesday 7 pm - ACCN+

It doesn't help that the color temp on the ACCN broadcasts are hideous. Not sure that's a network thing or a Joel thing but everything looks super cool (blue tinted).
Wife walked in during the game and said "is this game from the 70's?" because the feed was so grainy and off-hue and color temp. The parquet looks horrible as well.

That's two years in a row that Cuse has lost at home to Colgate by double digits.
Wait, the same Cuse that gave us a beat down up there and we needed a miracle comeback to win in OT at home?

Wife walked in during the game and said "is this game from the 70's?" because the feed was so grainy and off-hue and color temp. The parquet looks horrible as well.
Yeah, funny to watch the ESPN recording of Utah Valley then watch the normal feed from the UGA game. You'd swear they were either difference locations or recorded in different decades. Pathetic by ESPN.

Yeah, funny to watch the ESPN recording of Utah Valley then watch the normal feed from the UGA game. You'd swear they were either difference locations or recorded in different decades. Pathetic by ESPN.
Y’all need better internet! Mine was fine.

It wasn't anyone's internet connection, it was whatever they do when they move the game to ACCN+ instead of something they are going to broadcast to an actual channel. If you didn't notice, I suspect it's because you are watching the game on a 19" tube TV.

The UGA game looked WAY better than the 2 games streamed on ACCN+. Like 2 different locations, for sure.

Forgot to mention one of my favorite moments from the UVU/WFU game...

When Stan Lewter said "great camerawork" on the goaltending replay from the basket cam and Evan Lepler responded with something about how it was a fixed camera on the basket. Funny by itself, but then we got another replay from the same camera a minute or two later and Lewter said (joking) "there's my favorite cameraman again!" (or something similar).

Not as funny typing it out, but it was much needed laughter during the game.

Forgot to mention one of my favorite moments from the UVU/WFU game...

When Stan Lewter said "great camerawork" on the goaltending replay from the basket cam and Evan Lepler responded with something about how it was a fixed camera on the basket. Funny by itself, but then we got another replay from the same camera a minute or two later and Lewter said (joking) "there's my favorite cameraman again!" (or something similar).

Not as funny typing it out, but it was much needed laughter during the game.

Evan and Stan have great announcing chemistry.

you-got.gif

Hey Pilch, you got any of those detailed Game 4: LaSalle previews coming?

Production standards on the ACCN are a joke, frankly. From the studio shows to the broadcast, the absolute worst. I was just happy to not have the camera changing angles in mid-shot last night like they did the previous game, but it did look like one of those highlight videos they show from games in 1987, only it's live and 2022. The announcing team was not terrible, but whenever the microphones are imbalanced and you get the audio distortion when one guy gets a little excited over the gameplay, you know you have a shitty production team. ACCN doesn't even try at this point. It's as if they overpay all their "on-air talent" and only have A/V equipment from the 80s left over for production.

the Wake-UGA game was the worst game I've ever seen production wise, due to the crazy angles at all times, especially with the aforementioned switching of angles mid-action.

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought this.

Wasn't sure if it was a combo of the uni's clashing against each other/the floor, or just the way ACCNX had their color settings. Almost felt standard definition.

I rewatched the first half of the Georgia game earlier this week because I didn't see it live, and they missed like 5 free throws because they just kept it on the dude shooting even though the ball had been released. The random cuts to a low camera angle made it nearly impossible to watch. No need to reinvent the wheel - just keep the broadcast angle like you always do.

ACC Network video production is dog shit. The combination of the piss yellow color temperature, our parquet floor, and insane camera angles make the games damn near unwatchable

And that color temperature makes our home white jerseys look awful.

I don't know what it takes to make it happen, but I wish we had lighting like Tennessee has. Other places have it too, but I live in a split house (WF/Tenn) and pay closer attention to Tennessee than some other teams. But on TV, there's no lighting over the seats necessarily except for the spotlights effect they use. But the court is the central focus and everything else is background during the action. During timeouts, play stoppage, camera panning, etc you can see the crowd, no problem. Here's the best example I could find off the cuff. They make the floor pop with the lighting.

1668705937067.png

Back