• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 30: BC Eagles @ LJVM - 7 pm Tuesday - ESPNU

i said before monsanto went down i thought wake had just as good of chance to win the acc tournament as anyone
when he got injured i said i didn't know if they'd win another game
that's nothing against the team. just reality
Yep - At this point I’m all in on baseball and if we win a game or two in ACCT / NIT it’s gravy

Without Damari, we look way different. Imagine for a second he was out the whole season? What type of record are you expecting with a Damari-less team? As Pilch said, we have a roster with some gaps - sometimes it comes together, sometimes it doesn’t. I think they’ve played admirably. And who knows - lots of ball left.

We are not locked into 8/9 game----if we lose Sat and BC wins ,we are both 10-10--BC gets nod because they beat Virginia

There are 68 + 32 = 100 teams in the NCAA + NIT fields. That includes teams that win their conference tournaments and teams that win their regular seasons if they don't win their conference tournaments. Wake is ranked #84 in NET and #83 in KP. The lowest-ranked major conference teams in the NIT last year were Virginia and Oregon. They were #68 and #76 in NET and #72 and #82 in KP.
I saw this coming with Monsanto out and Forbes inability to change and BC improvements I knew this was coming. You have the best player in the league but your offense is based upon high percentage of 3 point shots. Horrible loss, the curse of a program continues, we clearly were not ready to play and got the sense early on that we were expecting an easy game even though they had just won three in a row and just beat Virginia. Pitiful!!

Ugh. I refuse to believe that Forbes isn’t the answer, but good lord…for those on the edge, that game sure does support the argument that he’s not ready for this level of b-ball. That was fucking terrible. I’d say that job is tied with the NC State game in terms of pure shittiness and also where we again inexplicably gave up all of our momentum to lose by two in gut wrenching fashion because we did dumb shit and didn’t make any adjustments to counter what the other team was doing. Very discouraging and disappointing.

Without Damari, we look way different. Imagine for a second he was out the whole season? What type of record are you expecting with a Damari-less team? As Pilch said, we have a roster with some gaps - sometimes it comes together, sometimes it doesn’t. I think they’ve played admirably. And who knows - lots of ball left.

Lots? Two maybe three games.

We are not locked into 8/9 game----if we lose Sat and BC wins ,we are both 10-10--BC gets nod because they beat Virginia
If we lose Saturday and BC wins then there will be a 3-way tie including Cuse

Cuse swept BC so the H2H would be

Cuse 3-0 8 seed
WF 1-2 9 seed
BC 1-3 10 seed

This team wasn't going dancing with Monsanto and they may not go NITing without him, but WGAF. Tourney or bust. I really don't care that we lost. Disappointing, but the season has been over for a while. Just trying to see some improvement from the guys who won't be moving on. Not seeing that, but we are thin and have been thin all year. No athleticism inside. And where there is some (Carr), there is no strength. No depth on this team whether Monsanto is healthy or not.

The one good thing that last few games is that Taylor has shown signs of life. Cam in a funk, but he'll be fine. Appleby had 12 turnovers a week ago, which has to be some kind of record, and nobody thought the sky was falling with him.

We have overachieved for two years with used parts. Need to build a team and some chemistry.

This team wasn't going dancing with Monsanto and they may not go NITing without him, but WGAF.
agree slightly.
they have no chance to go dancing without him. it was an outside chance (granted you can say it was long) with him

I mean this team is really flawed post and the dude from state dominated us in the post because we don't really have any post game we need to get a center

Seeing progress for Klintman has been fun but when he turns the ball over he might as well just take the ball to the other end and dunk it himself

Back