• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 30: GT - LJVM - Tuesday 9 pm - ACCN

I get people saying we didn’t deserve to win blah blah blah and fine. But as much as people want to say GT sucks, they have beaten top-tier ACC teams this year and we clawed back bc of a dude with a broken wrist and pulled hammy and the refs called a travel 2 plays earlier but didn’t have the guts to call a much more obvious travel before the game winner and it pisses me off and I’m not going to get on a high horse and act like it doesn’t bc we should have played better. Us playing like shit doesn’t absolve them from doing their jobs in crunch time

Wake should have had a 30 sec shot clock for their last possession, not 20. Could have left GaTech with no time.

The shot clock reset (or starts) at 20 for any possession that starts in the front court. Been that way for a couple of years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And any of you thinking that Forbes is going to get fired are out of your goddamned minds. He would have to have back to back to back season collapses like this before he’s shown the door. Not saying that’s right, but too much invested to sell the dip.

Last edited:
Only apt word is “demorializing”.

Hard to imagine we can find new ways to rip our basketball hearts out but this season is, to me, the worst since Bz Year 1 and this is maybe the worst game I can really remember.

Once we realized we had a turd in Bz, there really had been minimal hope. A little taste here and there but not really.

This year was different. Tons of hope and talent and, late in the season, it seemed like we had legit momentum. Hopes were as high as they were with Dino - at least for me. Always have liked Forbes more, felt like we turned a corner, Forbes could be a great fit, etc.

Start watching every game, envisioning maybe getting hot and getting to a 5 or 6 seed with a ACCT finals (or win???) run, start becoming a legit fan again.

Only for this. God I hope my kids never pull for Wake. It’s no way to live as a fan.

Is there any way to explain how that isn't a travel? Refs claim he lost possession as he went down? Trying to figure out how a call that gets made since kids start dribbling with one hand got past this crew.

And any of thinking that Forbes is going to get fired are out of your goddamned minds. He would have to have back to back to back season collapses like this before he’s shown the door. Not saying that’s right, but too much invested to sell the dip.
What has he done? Going into year 5 he’s never made the tournament. He’s about to finish with a sub .500 ACC record. I keep hearing his job is safe and my only question is WHY? What the hell has he done?

And any of thinking that Forbes is going to get fired are out of your goddamned minds. He would have to have back to back to back season collapses like this before he’s shown the door. Not saying that’s right, but too much invested to sell the dip.
Have we not had back to back to back collapses like this? Because it certainly feels like we have.

Does it help if the collapses are getting less subtle each year?

What has he done? Going into year 5 he’s never made the tournament. He’s about to finish with a sub .500 ACC record. I keep hearing his job is safe and my only question is WHY? What the hell has he done?

Portal

Is there any way to explain how that isn't a travel? Refs claim he lost possession as he went down? Trying to figure out how a call that gets made since kids start dribbling with one hand got past this crew.

100% travel. They are trying to explain away their fuck up.

Please I'll
One question from Currie to Forbes in the end of season interview, “Why can’t you get your guys ready for important games?”

Currie is going to be very busy apologizing to the national media for a bunch of nerds running on the court after our last win of the season.

Just stop, man. It’s over.

Don’t worry, the superior fans (the analytics boys) who don’t lower themselves to post on the game threads will be along soon enough to condescendingly explain that this game wasn’t that important. They will assure us that our metrics are still great and that a win against Clemson combined with a couple of wins in the ACC tournament easily gets us in They will also be sure to let us know how dumb it is for anyone to be upset about this loss.

I'll go out on a limb and say he's gone next year if he doesn't make the NCAAT. That just can't happen at any school that values basketball.

And any of you thinking that Forbes is going to get fired are out of your goddamned minds. He would have to have back to back to back season collapses like this before he’s shown the door. Not saying that’s right, but too much invested to sell the dip.
Back to back collapses? So he should have been fired LAST YEAR? Are you blind?

We also lost a ton of games that we absolutely should have won, and probably would have with better game management. There were so many stupid, careless and sloppy plays in the 2nd half during those losses. Good teams don’t do that because good coaching prevents it (or stops it after it starts). We had virtually none of that this year from Forbes. A really disappointing coaching performance by him with the talent on this team.
I can remember walking out of a store, checking my phone and seeing Wake up 60-49 lateish against State. I thought - let's blitz these fuckers....and then....

I'll go out on a limb and say he's gone next year if he doesn't make the NCAAT. That just can't happen at any school that values basketball.
But do we? The excuse engine (Covid, oh the program was in such bad shape, stadium too big, etc etc) is going to get fired up just you watch

Back