• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 31: Clemson - Saturday - 6 pm ACCN

kinda of surprising Keller got minutes. Guess it was a matchup thing. Feel better when Marsh is in there. Keller really needs to get some muscle, gets pushed around too much inside. Was there and it was an exciting game for sure. Hopefully 2 games gets us in.
It was interesting, because Keller mainly got time at the four for Carr. I’m guessing with Hall and Schifflin, we needed more bulk than MMM (although we should not have left Keller on an island against Hall).

Hall had a couple of flops (which i get as a strategy going against a foul prone guy like efton) but man that dude is strong and smooth and I would take him on our team 10 times out of 10 over Filipowski
I agree, Hall may be bit of an asshole but he is a very difficult matchup. Also felt like Parkers 3 point shot was a huge one and really was key to their run to the end.

I couldn't believe it when the announcers said Hall got his 1st rebound with a minute left in the game. Season low. Even though he ended up with 18 points I thought Wake's bigs were great last night. Such a weird year - we beat them and push them down to the 6 seed. Who knows whether the Deacs will figure out how to shoot somewhere other than the Joel but the tourney setup is pretty much as good as we could have hoped for. 29/32 from both teams combined from the line is pretty nuts.

When Efton and Carr play off each other it's fun to watch - hope Forbes gets his wish and we give Carr an alternate color jersey next year for senior night #2...

I mean, I think two wins will get us in but come on, three is a no brainer.

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

Brownell and Forbes had a nice interaction in the handshake line. I guess they're fairly close. Kudos to Brownell for offering what appeared to be genuine congratulations when inside he was probably thinking, "We always beat Wake - and today's the day we lose to them to drop to #6?!"

I couldn't believe it when the announcers said Hall got his 1st rebound with a minute left in the game. Season low. Even though he ended up with 18 points I thought Wake's bigs were great last night. Such a weird year - we beat them and push them down to the 6 seed. Who knows whether the Deacs will figure out how to shoot somewhere other than the Joel but the tourney setup is pretty much as good as we could have hoped for. 29/32 from both teams combined from the line is pretty nuts.

When Efton and Carr play off each other it's fun to watch - hope Forbes gets his wish and we give Carr an alternate color jersey next year for senior night #2...
We match up well with them as we have several big bodies.

I hope Keller and 3M go all Nick Bosa this summer and get big.

I mean one perk is they play strong next year.

Another perk could be....

That 3 by Parker was huge. And it was lighting quick plus he straight up buried it, a zero-doubter right when it left his hand. Really need him to get hot for the ACC tourney if we're going to make any noise since we have to assume a dip in shooting across the board.

When Clemson went to that 3-2 zone the last couple of minutes I was hollering at the TV to put Parker in. That kid was born to bust up zone defenses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That 3 by Parker was huge. And it was lighting quick plus he straight up buried it, a zero-doubter right when it left his hand. Really need him to get hot for the ACC tourney if we're going to make any noise since we have to assume a dip in shooting across the board.

Agree. Will need some meaningful contribution in DC (minutes w/o doing harm) from Parker, Marsh, and something from Keller/MMM just to take some mins off the starters. Moreso obviously if foul trouble. Missing the 4 seed (and Monsanto) really stings when we play basically 6.5 man rotation. I could see us getting run out of the gym by a fresher UNC if we happened to make it to Fri after two tight, emotionally intense games. If any silver lining exists for Wed, we should at least have the revenge factor vs GT/ND. One game at a time.

When Clemson went to that 3-2 zone the last couple of minutes I was hollering at the TV to put Parker in. That kid was born to bust up zone defenses.

I thought the same thing...

But, do you burn a timeout or send Clemson to the line to do it?

Agree. Will need some meaningful contribution in DC (minutes w/o doing harm) from Parker, Marsh, and something from Keller/MMM just to take some mins off the starters. Moreso obviously if foul trouble. Missing the 4 seed (and Monsanto) really stings when we play basically 6.5 man rotation. I could see us getting run out of the gym by a fresher UNC if we happened to make it to Fri after two tight, emotionally intense games. If any silver lining exists for Wed, we should at least have the revenge factor vs GT/ND. One game at a time.

I completely agree with you.

However, I see Forbes playing 7 guys, with a little bit of Keller. Essentially, the team that just beat Clemson.

And it's not like the old days where we get a "week" off to prep.

Today was on off day. Monday is early practice then leave for DC for the Wednesday game.

One practice. That's it.

Back