• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 31: Syracuse @ the JMA Wireless Dome - Saturday 5 pm - Bally's

I think Forbes’ press conference today might have been the most deflating I’ve heard in a long time. He usually comes across as a straight shooter. Today you’d be hard-pressed to gather that we even lost. Sounds like a guy who knows we’re done and is doing everything he can to remain positive in spite of it all. Completely different vibe today.

What did you expect him to say? We have no chance, we totally anticipate losing on Wednesday and start recruiting Thursday?

What did you expect him to say? We have no chance, we totally anticipate losing on Wednesday and start recruiting Thursday?
Maybe that we played like trash and need to do better. Or that he had, and has, a plan. Something besides being encouraged that we got shitcanned by a bottom-half ACC team. I get that “confidence” has been an issue; maybe he needs to adjust the message. I was just observing that his tone seems to have changed, and I think we all recognize that we’re screwed.

We all knew that the moment Damari went down. I feel for Forbes and the guys for having to finish out this lame duck season.

We all knew that the moment Damari went down. I feel for Forbes and the guys for having to finish out this lame duck season.
I don’t disagree. And I’m not suggesting that he should publicly wave a white flag. But when a guy who has seemed grumpy all season, even after wins, comes across as cheerful and positive after a loss, it’s disconcerting. He’s had bad luck.

I feel for the dumb dumbs that think Forbes owes them anything after a tough loss.

He owes his team his best effort to bring them up and try to get them ready to play. He needs a little time to attempt to figure it out.

Maybe he will, maybe not. Message board warriors are so cute though.

I feel for the dumb dumbs that think Forbes owes them anything after a tough loss.

He owes his team his best effort to bring them up and try to get them ready to play. He needs a little time to attempt to figure it out.

Maybe he will, maybe not. Message board warriors are so cute though.
What’s a little time? Truly. It’s not year #1.

Why? Are we a one dimensional one player team? Woe is Wake when we have an injury to maybe our best player? Great teams and great coaches adjust and find ways to win.

Why? Are we a one dimensional one player team? Woe is Wake when we have an injury to maybe our best player? Great teams and great coaches adjust and find ways to win.
This team just never had enough (any) depth. Any of Tyree, Carr, Cam, or Damari going down was going to be the end of the season.

Maybe that we played like trash and need to do better. Or that he had, and has, a plan. Something besides being encouraged that we got shitcanned by a bottom-half ACC team. I get that “confidence” has been an issue; maybe he needs to adjust the message. I was just observing that his tone seems to have changed, and I think we all recognize that we’re screwed.

That bottom-half ACC team finished in the standings above us. :(

Until Forbes finds an athletic big to be a factor on the defensive end of the floor things are not going to change.

Back