• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 32: ACCT 2nd Round - GT/ND - D.C. - Wednesday 2:30 - ESPN

Pilchard

Reaction score
ACCT opens tomorrow in with three games:

• #12 GT v. #13 ND
  • #10 NC State v. L'ville
  • #11 BC v. #14 Miami
On Wednesday, the Deacs play the winner of the GT/ND. Here are game threads for those opponents:

GT

ND

Tourney Simulation

Torvik runs a ACCT simulator. Here are the sim results by tourney seed (top 4 seeds auto placed into the quarters; 5-9 auto in the 2nd round):

1. UNC - 78% semis 56% finals 34% champ
2. Duke - 81% semis 58% finals 35% champ
3. UVA - 45% semis 14% finals 5% champ
4. Pitt - 51% semis 18% finals 7% champ
5, WF - 80% quarters 44% semis 17% finals 7% champ
6. Clem - 74% quarters 45% semis 19% finals 8% champ
7. Cuse - 56% quartrs 11% semis 4% finals 1% champ
8. VT - 62% quarters 15% semis 7% finals 2% champ
9. FSU - 38% quarters 6% semis 2% finals 1% champ
10. NC State - 81% round 2 40% quarters 8% semis 3% finals 1% champ
11. BC - 43% round 2 10% quarters 3% semis 1% semis
12. ND - 48% round 2 9% quarters 2% semis
13. GT - 52% round 2 11% quarters 3% semis
14. Miami - 57% round 2 16% quarters 6% semis 2% finals
15. L'ville -19% round 2 3% quarters

Projection for WF 2nd round opponent

For the GT/ND game:

Torvik GT 65-64
KP ND 66-65

KP rates GT at #126 and ND at #124.

During the season, ND swept GT winning 75-68 in OT in Atlanta and 58-55 in South Bend. As everyone is well-aware, WF is 1-2 against ND and GT having lost at ND 70-65 on February 27 and 70-69 at home to GT on March 5th. The Deacs should beat either and WF has revenge motive regardless of who wins. That said, would rather play GT as ND would play a minimal possession game which would be more agonizing. Will update this thread once WF opponent is known.

The ND/GT game opened at pick with a 131 total.

It will be interesting to see how the team reacts to the atmosphere at the tournament. Reid, Sallis and Miller, of the starters, have never been to one. Carr and Hildreth have. Playing Georgetown early may have been strategic to get the guys on the Capital One Arena Floor before today. Reid and Sallis at least have seen NCAA Tournament games from the players viewpoint.

Playing Georgetown early may have been strategic to get the guys on the Capital One Arena Floor before today.
I would be surprised if the "secret" scrimmage was played at Capital One rather than on Georgetown's campus. They have a dinky little gym where the women's team plays.

It will be interesting to see how the team reacts to the atmosphere at the tournament.
Lets hope our issues on the road this season don't carry over to the conference tournament.

The ticket prices on stubhub for today and tomorrow are cheap to say the least.

This is the time of the year I hate all the expansion. Can remember as a kid the teachers rolling in the av cart to watch Friday's games. Nothing like the old ACC tournament

Maybe what's old will be new again sometime with all the conference BS.

This is the time of the year I hate all the expansion. Can remember as a kid the teachers rolling in the av cart to watch Friday's games. Nothing like the old ACC tournament
I hate expansion too, but what you're lamenting is that you're not a kid anymore. John Swofford didn't make you grow up and get responsibilities.

Who do we want to win this GT/ND game? My sense is ND, but that may be recency bias considering what happened the last time we played Georgia Tech.

Micah Shrewsberry is a coaching genius. Would rather not face ND, even though GT is the more talented team.

Georgia Tech is terrible and we played like legit poop for most of that game.

Notre Dame worries me more because they actually play defense and Burton is a difficult guard for us.

But TBH, we should beat either of them by double-digits or what are we even doing?

Back