• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 33: ACCT Quarterfinal - #1 Seed Miami - Thursday Nooner - ESPN

The ESPN app says we're playing on ESPN2. My Youtube TV guide says both ESPN and ESPN2 are playing Baylor vs Iowa State starting at 11:30.

I firmly believe if we can win this game, we can beat anyone- and God knows that we are due. We've seen plenty of other improbable teams go on a run. Maryland, G Tech and V Tech all come to mind. I'm only going to be able to catch half of this one, but I have on my "Go Deacs" pin today and it was fun to explain it to everyone I've had meetings with. I forgot how much fun this is! GO DEACS!

We showed yesterday that we're still improving as a team post-Damari injury. I think we'll lose but will surprise a lot of people on these boards with how well we keep up.
This.

Forbes and company are remaking the Wake offense without Monsanto. The previous philosophy of getting an open look at a three for Monsanto and then taking advantage of the ensuing defensive scramble and rotations doesn't work without Damari.
Now it has to be about ball movement to get different guys shots the are comfortable with. And it has to be done without the gravitational pull Monsanto exerted on the opponent.

Bobi was the X factor for Wake against the Syracue zone. Lucas Taylor can be the X factor today if he can play solid D on one of the Miami guards, and hit a few shots so they have to defend him.

If anyone still hasn't seen Bobi in the post game presser yesterday you are missing out. Dude is unintentionally hilarious

Yeah that was gold.

And you could tell Ty and DW were doing what they could not to laugh.

I think that may be his first press conference which adds to it? Looked like he was a little uncomfortable up there. Tyree kept looking at Coach sideways as if they were both thinking "freshmen"

Reporter: "So Bobi, with Damari out, did you feel you needed to step up?"

Bobi: "Yeah, I thought with Damari out, I needed to step up."

Ty and Davien just trying to keep it together

Forbes: "Wow, that's thought provoking."

Amazing

Reporter: "So Bobi, with Damari out, did you feel you needed to step up?"

Bobi: "Yeah, I thought with Damari out, I needed to step up."

Ty and Davien just trying to keep it together

Forbes: "Wow, that's thought provoking."

Amazing
There were some awful questions though.

IIRC Forbes said before the season he's our best on-ball defender.
The math doesn't work out. The best on-ball defender who we now know can hit threes should have played more.

Taylor wasn't playing more because he was away from the team for a while, and for the most part his skill set matches up with Damari who is just better. He could have theoretically played a little for DW I suppose especially with injuries though.

Back