• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 35: Deacs @ A&M -- Wednesday 7 pm - ESPN 2

Since 2003, Purdue has made the NCAA Tournament 14 of 20 seasons (counting the 2020 year which they likely wouldn't have made it in).

I see no reason whatsoever why we can't become the Purdue of the ACC.

When UVA hired Tony Bennett, their hoops history was inferior to WF’s. They have now been a 5 seed or better 8 of the last 9 years. (Including a projected seed in the Covid year)

We should strive to be the next UVA of the ACC.

When UVA hired Tony Bennett, their hoops history was inferior to WF’s. They have now been a 5 seed or better 8 of the last 9 years. (Including a projected seed in the Covid year)

Before the hired Terry Holland their hoops history was inferior to Wake but since then they have been at least equal and definitely better since they hired Tony Bennett. Even their down years under Gillen and Leitao were far better than Bz and Manning

My bitty basketball coaches would have had better records than bzzdick and pt. :dumb:

As should every ACC team not named Duke or UNC.

Before the hired Terry Holland their hoops history was inferior to Wake but since then they have been at least equal and definitely better since they hired Tony Bennett. Even their down years under Gillen and Leitao were far better than Bz and Manning

When VA hired Bennett they had 5 regular season ACC titles, one ACC tournament, 16 NCAA appearances and 7 sweet 16s

At that time, Wake Forest had 4 regular season titles, four ACC tournaments, 20 NCAA appearances, and 8 sweet 16s

When VA hired Bennett they had 5 regular season ACC titles, one ACC tournament, 16 NCAA appearances and 7 sweet 16s

At that time, Wake Forest had 4 regular season titles, four ACC tournaments, 20 NCAA appearances, and 8 sweet 16s

UVa also had 2 Final Fours and 5 Elite Eights (between 1981 and 1995). Wake has only been in the Elite Eight 6 times ever and 2 of those were when there were only 24 teams in the whole thing and one of those was when there were only 8 teams in the tournament.

UVa also had 2 Final Fours and 5 Elite Eights (between 1981 and 1995). Wake has only been in the Elite Eight 6 times ever and 2 of those were when there were only 24 teams in the whole thing and one of those was when there were only 8 teams in the tournament.

Yes, VA took very slightly better advantage of its once in a generation player than WF (no ACCT championships), including a surprise trip to the FF after he left.

Still, I don’t see a historical reason for WF to accept being below VA in the ACC pecking order

It’s a 14,900 seat multipurpose civic center, replacing a basketball stadium of half the capacity

I’ve been, thanks, as well to 170 others. And no it’s not a civic center. And just a tad bit difference in the enrollment. Those who don’t recognize the difference between U Hall & Cameron will just never understand.

It’s a 14,900 seat multipurpose civic center, replacing a basketball stadium of half the capacity

Come on now. That's no room for facts here. There's a narrative of a fragile person at play

Yes, VA took very slightly better advantage of its once in a generation player than WF (no ACCT championships), including a surprise trip to the FF after he left.

Still, I don’t see a historical reason for WF to accept being below VA in the ACC pecking order

Nor do I but regardless of what Wake should accept, it is simply not accurate that UVa was an inferior program to Wake prior to Tony Bennett.

Nor do I but regardless of what Wake should accept, it is simply not accurate that UVa was an inferior program to Wake prior to Tony Bennett.

Just one with fewer ACC championships, NCAA appearances, and NCAA Sweet Sixteen appearances, among other metrics

Neither the 1985 Final 4 nor the 1962 Final Four are particularly recent or relevant.

When Virginia hired Tony Bennett, they had been unequivocally less successful than Wake Forest basketball over the entire lifespan of any potential recruit.

Despite that seeming disadvantage, Virginia basketball has now been at least a 5 seed for 8 of the last 9 years. To suggest that is impossible for WF is shortsighted.

How did they get K to not weasel out of that court side interview?

K wants to do sideline interviews in the tournament so he looks like a great guy , rather than the pompous asshole we all know from the last 40 years.

I really hate those in-game courtside interviews. Let the coaches do their damn job, catch them going into the half or after the game, or maybe talk to an less integral assistant.

Back