• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 4: NC A&T Aggies - LJVM - 4 pm ACCN+ ESPN+

These kids are so damn likable.

I'm wearing my cp3 era warm up shirt for the first time in a decade.

That was a nice palate cleanser. Well done, Deacs! We got some great minutes for McCrae, Marsh, and Taylor. Mission accomplished.

Just watched the replay.

Mucius was on fire in the first half… Good for him.

Williams, LaRavia, and Williamson are really good players.

Walton/Sy/Marsh should be enough at the 5, with Sy getting some minutes at the 4 as well.

Nice to see McCray get a dunk and hit a couple of 3s (but his shot looks flat).

Hildreth brings more to the table than Whitt right now… But both play valuable minutes.

Just watched the replay.

Walton/Sy/Marsh should be enough at the 5, with Sy getting some minutes at the 4 as well.

Hildreth brings more to the table than Whitt right now… But both play valuable minutes.

Yeah, they are fun to watch, supporting each other, finding ways to contribute.

The team played well in every phase of the game except at the line and rebounding. It's a pleasure to watch the defensive play, especially after the football game. I refuse to get excited early. Show the same quality of play against Oregon State, LSU, Northwestern and Virginia Tech and it might be difficult to curb my enthusiasm.

My impression after watching a couple games (usually just a half) is that we are a good big man away from being really good. Walton and Sy seem like decent bench players but we probably won't be able to rely on them for scoring come ACC play. Didn't get to see Marsh play yesterday but wondering if he could fill that roll

I was catching a few plays at a time on my phone while running the kids around yesterday, but one series I saw featured a Marsh steal near the top of the key, then he took it all the way for the dunk. Shortly after LaRavia got a steal, led a break, and finished with a perfect alley-oop to McCray.

A 7 ft freshman picking a guard’s pocket and driving the length of the floor for a dunk is, like, a pretty good sign. I don’t care if it was against South Devry Community Online University.

Just watched the replay.

Good recap. I was at the game yesterday and was really impressed with how often we were diving on the floor for loose balls, how aggressive we are on defense in general.

We have a legitimate ACC squad. I'm buying the Matthew Marsh stock right now. The guy is going to be a baller. It'll most likely take him a few weeks to get back into the swing of things

One more patsy, Kennesaw State on Tuesday. Then, we will see where this team is:

#94 Oregon State
#27 LSU
#39 Northwestern
#25 VT

Oregon State is still extremely overrated from last years Elite 8 run. They are a bad team. LSU/NW/VT are all legit. If we can go 3-2 over the next 5 games I’ll be pretty pleased with that. Would put us at 7-2 headed to a stretch of SC Upstate, VMI, Charlotte, and BC. Nothing wrong at all with starting 11-2.

Rebounding (or lack thereof) is a concern. Apparently these guys have not yet gotten the Prosser message about rebounds and "to whom it may concern." Also don't like it that A&T got more second chance points than Wake.

You need to miss to get second chance points

My impression after watching a couple games (usually just a half) is that we are a good big man away from being really good. Walton and Sy seem like decent bench players but we probably won't be able to rely on them for scoring come ACC play. Didn't get to see Marsh play yesterday but wondering if he could fill that roll
Encourage folks to watch the 11-4 min mark of second half for Marsh time with some other starters. If his head feels good today, that is a great sign.

Back