• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 4: Towson Tigers CC Loser Round - 7 pm ESPNU

He has a career trillion at Wake if you don’t count turnovers or missed shots.

Zero points, rebounds, assists, blocks, or steals in his three games played.

Also, not coincidentally, Wake is a negative +\- when he’s on the floor in all three games so far.
He looks like he's playing way too fast and needs to settle down.

Forbes needs to start taking rebounding seriously. Last night was an embarrassment. I don’t believe the “tired” argument. These are young men that are very fit and their opponent also had a game the day before. Our fundamentals are nonexistent and we lack intensity and toughness from our bigs. Forbes singled out the guards as part of the problem and I think it is a contributing factor but our big men need to “man up” and play tougher/meaner. Show some fight…please!

Rebounding also affects our offense…our inability to clear the boards limits the creativity of our very good guards on the break.

Rebounding is fixable…Forbes needs to get it done. Now!

Forbes needs to start taking rebounding seriously. Last night was an embarrassment. I don’t believe the “tired” argument. These are young men that are very fit and their opponent also had a game the day before. Our fundamentals are nonexistent and we lack intensity and toughness from our bigs. Forbes singled out the guards as part of the problem and I think it is a contributing factor but our big men need to “man up” and play tougher/meaner. Show some fight…please!

Rebounding also affects our offense…our inability to clear the boards limits the creativity of our very good guards on the break.

Rebounding is fixable…Forbes needs to get it done. Now!
Good call. I’ve heard Forbes say MANY times “rebounding is for suckers”.
Coach Forbes is NOT serious people

We look out of position on a ton of defensive rebounds. It’s not so much about who we don’t have right now, (which is obvious) and I’d think between Keller and Carr we could at least carve out enough space for our guards to get some boards. I hope we have been taught that our players can put someone on their back and literally shove them out of the way to get a rebound. Even if it’s an aggressive box out, it’s rarely called a foul. We tend to stand there and inevitably get pushed out of the way or slap the ball around because we don’t have position enough to grab it with two hands.

Also, with Baker at LSU - we should go zone. I know we won’t, but that dude is going to drop 30 on us in the paint.

The fundamentals weren't really the problem nor did I think we were too out of position on a lot of the boards honestly. It sounds as dumb as it looked, but we were there boxing out, the ball was coming to where we were positioned, and we on multiple occasions simply did not go grab the ball. I mean maybe that's "fundamentals" but I largely thought we were where we were supposed to be and where you're "taught" to be and just didn't get the ball. Two or three times Cam had his body on his guy and was still engaged with him when the guy he boxed out caught the rebound because Cam flat out didn't try and get the basketball.

Some say he's still boxing his man out to this day...

We look out of position on a ton of defensive rebounds. It’s not so much about who we don’t have right now, (which is obvious) and I’d think between Keller and Carr we could at least carve out enough space for our guards to get some boards. I hope we have been taught that our players can put someone on their back and literally shove them out of the way to get a rebound. Even if it’s an aggressive box out, it’s rarely called a foul. We tend to stand there and inevitably get pushed out of the way or slap the ball around because we don’t have position enough to grab it with two hands.

Also, with Baker at LSU - we should go zone. I know we won’t, but that dude is going to drop 30 on us in the paint.
Counterpoint our zone defense sucks

Counterpoint our zone defense sucks
No doubt, but it would probably do a better job protecting the paint. Even if we mix it in, I think it could be effective in spurts - especially if we put Sallis out front and Carr at the top. We just can’t let Baker go off on us and get Keller and/or Carr in foul trouble.

We need to beat LSU. They are projected for a bottom 2 finish in the SEC. Their best player might be Jalen Cook, who is a two time transfer that has been denied and is appealing. Also, we owe them for the last two years.

The fundamentals weren't really the problem nor did I think we were too out of position on a lot of the boards honestly. It sounds as dumb as it looked, but we were there boxing out, the ball was coming to where we were positioned, and we on multiple occasions simply did not go grab the ball. I mean maybe that's "fundamentals" but I largely thought we were where we were supposed to be and where you're "taught" to be and just didn't get the ball. Two or three times Cam had his body on his guy and was still engaged with him when the guy he boxed out caught the rebound because Cam flat out didn't try and get the basketball.

Some say he's still boxing his man out to this day...
Bad hands combined with just not being strong enough on a lot of occasions.

Carr is beat up. Cam is gassed. Wake is playing a very short bench, two guys. Wake needs the day off for the guys to rest.
Sallis and Boopie don't seem to tire. With the short bench I think we have played pretty well. Cam and Carr need some rest for sure. Keller has been ok, just hope he develops a little inside game over the next 2 years.

I'm not so sure going to a zone defense is going to help solve our rebounding issues.

I'm not so sure going to a zone defense is going to help solve our rebounding issues.
Zone would make our rebounding even worse, almost unquestionably. At least in man to man the person you are supposed to box out is always right next to you.

Cam seemed annoyed by the ref calls and instead of fueling him it seemed to throw him off.

Back