• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 6: Oregon State Beavers: Friday 9:30 pm - CBS Sports Network DirecTV Ch. 221

In the postgame, Forbes said Sy got sick and was throwing up at halftime.

Forbes helped create adversity. Accidental or purposeful I don't know. I'll give him, and his track record, the benefit of the doubt.

The rest of the season Forbes can say "remember OS? We followed our game plan and were up 20 and rolling. Y'all went off on your own and we almost lost. Trust the couching staff."

Win or lose, the second half raises some serious concerns. At the top of the list is the energy and intensity of Forbes and the entire team. Our bench has looked like a morgue the second half whereas their bench was full of energy.

The team didn’t play with the same intensity after halftime. It felt like they took their foot off the pedal, which allowed Oregon St back in the garage. Question is how much of the latter is from coaching and/or new team learning how to play with each other?

Why did we never go to a zone on defense to stop their constant easy drives to the basket?

Forbes knows more about basketball than I could in ten lifetimes, but I agree and was wondering the same thing. I think you go zone and force them to hit some outside shots. That stretch where they just got easy bucket one after the other zapped our intensity.

We will learn from this and Forbes will make adjustments. Not concerned. Go Deacs!

No idea what I’m taking away from that game…

Seems like we lost some depth when Whitt and Sy entered the doghouse

ManMan has the clutch gene

Not sure Sy was in the doghouse. Above somewhere us a note that he was ill and unable to play. Don't know why Whitt would be in the dog house. Just not in crunch time rotation.

That first half was great. The second half was appalling. I’m glad to know we have the first half team in there somewhere. I believe.

It’s a win. Whatever. I’m really worried about tomorrow with the team tired, Sy sick, and the potential for others to get whatever he has.

And we also have Northwestern on Tuesday.

It’s a win. Whatever. I’m really worried about tomorrow with the team tired, Sy sick, and the potential for others to get whatever he has.

And we also have Northwestern on Tuesday.

Hope it's food poisoning and not flu. Maybe Sy ate something the rest didn't. We can hope.

Is there any question that Forbes trusts nobody with the ball late in the game other than Williams? The last play of regulation was so predictable. It was a DManning type of play. And when we are obviously going to get fouled, why not get it to Williamson instead of Williams?

Second half did not seem to swing the ball around, and create opportunities. Outside Inn or around the horn. It became a game where we isolated one main scorer to go to the rim.

If Duke loses, we can enjoy being the only undefeated ACC team, at least for a little while

Is there any question that Forbes trusts nobody with the ball late in the game other than Williams? The last play of regulation was so predictable. It was a DManning type of play. And when we are obviously going to get fouled, why not get it to Williamson instead of Williams?

Because Williamson is tiny.

We ran some nice sets in OT with Cam bringing it up and getting it to Jake up top. That worked pretty well.

has this team played zone defense this year? wouldn’t be surprised if the team has barely practiced playing zone given the off-season focus on improving our man defense. i think the idea of “playing zone” is easier said than done unless you practice both intensely.

Because Williamson is tiny.

We ran some nice sets in OT with Cam bringing it up and getting it to Jake up top. That worked pretty well.

Having non-guards (e.g., Laravia) that can handle the ball against the press is a luxury I’ve missed having

Back