• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 6: Oregon State Beavers: Friday 9:30 pm - CBS Sports Network DirecTV Ch. 221

Hideous second half. Fun to see them gut out a win in the end though. LaRavia is really good.

Super long shot, but have one extra for tomorrow if anyone wants it. LSU fans will greatly outnumber us.

How was the Wake attendance? I don’t remember seeing any Wake fans in the broadcast.

I hope he’s not dead , but he is 100% the dude who takes ivermectin , refuses the vaccine, and loves an all white lineup.

Wake +8.5 (+310 money line). Need to bring their A game for 40 minutes to pull the upset.

Good win and Forbes is right about a win is a win. Myself, I would like for him to have called a timeout in the second half. He had a few moments like that last year where we needed a timeout to settle the team down and he didn't call-it. Still very happy about the win and on to LSU.

1st half was the best basketball that wake has played in a decade and second half was comparable to some of the worst. But the gutted out the overtime and won a game that when they lost the lead, I was pretty sure was an L. Say what you will but I think that says a lot about the trajectory of this team.

Alondes put on quite a push at the end. However, long term, it is not a good strategy to lean on one guy beating g his defender possession after possession. The other guys really need to contribute, and be allowed to contribute. Williams was channeling his inner Chill, "Just gimme the ball..."

Agree. Team ball got the lead. Not a fan of relying on one guy to bail you out

Fell asleep last night so just finished watching. What the fuck was that? Extremely concerning second half.

Also letting Williams just straight drive the lane at the end of regulation with five guys crashing down on him was reminiscent of our last two turd coaches.

1st half was the best basketball that wake has played in a decade and second half was comparable to some of the worst. But the gutted out the overtime and won a game that when they lost the lead, I was pretty sure was an L. Say what you will but I think that says a lot about the trajectory of this team.

Yeah this is where i am. Sure really bad collapse, but they picked themselves up and gritted out and got a W against an Elite 8 team from last year. Nothing to apologize for - no one will care that it was close when we’re trying to get a post-season berth in March. Take the dub, learn from it and move on

The second half looked like Manning defense and we only have one guy that played for that clown. It was a layup drill for OSU.

They also made adjustments at half. Stopped shooting from 3, switched up the defense and we seemed like we had no coach on the floor (like the Manning years). Glad we won, glad we looked really good in the first half, but I'm not sold on Forbes as a game coach.

The second half looked like Manning defense and we only have one guy that played for that clown. It was a layup drill for OSU.

They also made adjustments at half. Stopped shooting from 3, switched up the defense and we seemed like we had no coach on the floor (like the Manning years). Glad we won, glad we looked really good in the first half, but I'm not sold on Forbes as a game coach.

LaRavia said in the postgame presser that players saw shots not falling on offense and let that effect the intensity on the defensive end. LSU is ELITE on defense, so there will droughts on offense at times, but can’t let that dictate the intensity on D. Forbes will have the guys ready for a full 40 minutes tonight.

LaRavia said in the postgame presser that players saw shots not falling on offense and let that effect the intensity on the defensive end. LSU is ELITE on defense, so there will droughts on offense at times, but can’t let that dictate the intensity on D. Forbes will have the guys ready for a full 40 minutes tonight.

Good observation by LaRavia. There's definitely a correlation with this team to playing good defense when playing good offense. Lot's of steals when on defense, playing the passing lanes and hustling in the first six games when the offense is rolling, but defense lags when the shots stop falling.

Forbes is a long game guy, that's for sure.

Sy goes out and Dallas gets in foul trouble so we have to go to Marsh. His upside is huge but he's clearly not ready yet. When things started going south in the 2nd half, if this is a late-season conference or tourney game my guess is you'd have seen more timeouts to break up the runs, throw a zone at them since they couldn't shoot for shit and it would hide Marsh a bit, go to LaRavia at the 5 earlier in the stretches where Walton had to sit. But Forbes was like nah, play through it, defend your man we're not playing a damn zone against Oregon State, let's find out something about ourselves. The 2-man game with LaRavia and Alondes to close it out was pretty strong, albeit far from rocket science.

I suspect that if we'd gotten down by more than a couple buckets we might have seen Forbes relent and throw out some different stuff, but who knows. A win is a win. LSU gonna be tough.

Sy goes out and Dallas gets in foul trouble so we have to go to Marsh. His upside is huge but he's clearly not ready yet. When things started going south in the 2nd half, if this is a late-season conference or tourney game my guess is you'd have seen more timeouts to break up the runs, throw a zone at them since they couldn't shoot for shit and it would hide Marsh a bit, go to LaRavia at the 5 earlier in the stretches where Walton had to sit. But Forbes was like nah, play through it, defend your man we're not playing a damn zone against Oregon State, let's find out something about ourselves. The 2-man game with LaRavia and Alondes to close it out was pretty strong, albeit far from rocket science.

I suspect that if we'd gotten down by more than a couple buckets we might have seen Forbes relent and throw out some different stuff, but who knows. A win is a win. LSU gonna be tough.

He’s coaching for the whole season (and even next season) and not minute to minute. As he should be.

In the long run, probably just as well that Marsh got some tough minutes. I’d be worried about hurting his confidence, but he has much more experience than a typical Freshman, so I think it’s icing on the cake to get him those minutes and we still got the W

Back