• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 9: Clemson Tigers at Littlejohn - Friday 7 pm

Any suggested sportsbar viewing places in Winston? I assume places like BW3 carry Baily?
I wouldn’t assume. Bally isn’t carried by Dish and DirectTV which is what most sports bars have. I’d call anywhere before you go and make sure they have Spectrum.

I wouldn’t assume. Bally isn’t carried by Dish and DirectTV which is what most sports bars have. I’d call anywhere before you go and make sure they have Spectrum.
Why is Bally only on cable? Seems like a bad business model to not negotiate contracts with satellite and streaming services.

What is our combined losing streak at Littlejohn and GT? Neither of these basketball programs should be delivering embarassing losing streaks, especially not Littlejohn and its roomy 10K seat arena.

Edit-forgot we won at GT last year, but IIRC it was a while before that.
Both are complete houses of horror for the Deacs.

This is a game where winning it would make me feel much better about the floor of this team. Maybe Monsanto and Appleby will be the first deacons seemingly ever to have a good shooting day in Littlejohn.

This game is all about PJ Hall.

He is 6'9, 6'10 with his shoes on and reminds me of someone in the NBA. Very efficient, tough guy, finishes around the basket very well, good position defender, but not a shot blocker for a C.

Had 22 points in 24 minutes in a 2-OT game against Penn State, which tells me, after knee surgery, he is on a minutes limit?

We need to double team him or "monster" him early and often, in both halves. Win the "first 5 minutes" of each half. When he goes to the bench, go to the bucket for scores.

I don't know much about the rest of their team, Tyson etc., but I do know one of their starters, Brevin Galloway is a CAA talent. He is about 35 years old now, but we need to treat him as a CAA talent and go at him somehow.

I am sure a Brownell team will be like trying to beat an Odom team - they will play good D, not turn it over, keep the pace slower, be very boring but effective etc.

I hate playing them, since we have more talent, if Hall is on a limit, we SHOULD be able to punish them inside when he is out...and win a key game.

Williamson could go off if healthy, too.

But I just don't see it. Brownell owns us, kind of like Mack owns Clawson, unfortunately.

This is a game where winning it would make me feel much better about the floor of this team. Maybe Monsanto and Appleby will be the first deacons seemingly ever to have a good shooting day in Littlejohn.
Like I said to another poster about a different topic, let’s not forget Justin Gray.

CJ Harris was a good shooter, over 40% his last two years at Wake from 3 and 39% on his career

Monsanto has the higher and quicker release though

Really critical game here. Win it and we're 8-1, 1-0 in the league going into the App game which I think will be by far our biggest "buy game" crowd in years. If we lose it we're putting ourselves under some pressure with five of the next six games after that being against likely bubble or better teams.

Kind of curious to see how we approach guarding PJ Hall. Marsh looked good defensively for the most part against Wisconsin but Hall is the best big we'll play in the ACC (fuck you Bacot) and is more mobile than Marsh. I think Carr would get pushed around by him but I could see us throwing Carr on him at times and doubling on the catch if Clemson isn't punishing us from deep.

We have LSU between Clemson and App but yeah App should have a good turnout if we're 9-1 (1-0). If we go 3-1 over the next four (@Clemson, N-LSU, App, @Rutgers) we will be in excellent position. 2-2 is about break even but is going to leave us needing to really take care of business in the ACC, which I guess we'll have to do anyways to have a shot at the tourney.

Not sure what makes anyone think we'll have a good turnout vs app. Bottom won't be full, as usual.

Need to get Ituka playing at an ACC level to have a special season. And need 10 minutes a game that we can count on Bradford to hold his own defensively and be able to make bunnies.

I'd like to see Keller develop into a poor man's James Johnson type player.

Back