• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game Game 10: LSU Tigers in Atlanta - 2pm Saturday ESPNU

Did anyone else have trouble sleeping after blowing a 20 pt 1st half lead?! :(
Why would it cause you to not sleep when it’s become expected? Up 20 I knew that at the very we’d least let LSU come back and maybe we could win a close game, that was my best expectation. Losing a close game when your best expectation is winning a close game is not lack of sleep worthy.

The biggest effect on me in the last 10-12 years is not so much related to winning or losing Wake games, but I just don’t really follow the national Bball scene anymore. I used to really get into watching Top 25 games to see how we and the rest of the ACC stacked up.

The biggest effect on me in the last 10-12 years is not so much related to winning or losing Wake games, but I just don’t really follow the national Bball scene anymore. I used to really get into watching Top 25 games to see how we and the rest of the ACC stacked up.
In a year or so, lots of the NIL donors are going to start asking themselves why they're giving away all this money, and getting the same results, or worse, as they were before.

There’s always been winners and losers in college sports. Has that driven down spending at all?

Forbes is 1000x better than Bz and Manning, but he’s not a good game coach and has been a failure in high school recruiting so far.

I wouldn’t call him a failure at HS recruiting. Keller and Klintman were pretty big gets. Marsh and Hildreth have improved immensely and were HS recruits.

I wouldn’t call him a failure at HS recruiting. Keller and Klintman were pretty big gets. Marsh and Hildreth have improved immensely and were HS recruits.
yea it's hard to really articulate what the problem is here beyond the fact that we've starting each season with a completely new team that doesn't have any chemistry?

i think his biggest failure in terms of HS recruiting is finding a PG.

Ituka is either a lot more injured than anybody is letting on, or he is not the guy who is gonna help us stay in the upper half of the conference after Appleby graduates.

Knee injuries are often significant and require surgery. I’m not sure what exactly he injured, but it’s not surprising to me that he has struggled getting back into the groove. He had 5 points and 3 assists in 5 minutes before injuring his knee against Ohio state. I think his knee injury has really limited him since then.

Wouldn’t say either were “big gets.” Big gets impact in someway as freshman. They are both pretty bad players at this point. And we only got Klintman because he couldn’t get into Colorado (not exactly an Ivy League school). Not a great look for WF.

Wouldn’t say either were “big gets.” Big gets impact in someway as freshman. They are both pretty bad players at this point. And we only got Klintman because he couldn’t get into Colorado (not exactly an Ivy League school). Not a great look for WF.
I base “big gets” on offer list. Both of them had stacked lists. The Colorado situation is weird. I don’t understand it at all so I’ll give you that part.

Did anyone else have trouble sleeping after blowing a 20 pt 1st half lead?! :(
No but I did get a quarter chub after the Wisconsin win.

I actually turned from the LSU game to finish watching Top Gun Maverick and would pause to check in because I knew they would blow that lead. It's easy, just like every year when the ACC Tourney starts and Wake plays, I know that game is usually the end of the season for Wake so I don't get upset because I expect it. This program's DNA just doesn't have postseason win written in it and I hope Forbes can change that.

I like Forbes and think he's the right dude for Wake and I actually consider this year 2 for him. I don't count that COVID bullshit. It's early/mid December so I don't freak out about shit and neither should any of you because as you know, there are some very tough games ahead this month that they are going to lose. He had this program in the discussion to go the NCAA in year 2. I'll judge Forbes and this team when we get to March.

The main problem with Hildreth is that he shouldn't have to be the 2nd best player on an ACC team. We need much more from Monsanto and Williamson.

The main problem with Hildreth is that he shouldn't have to be the 2nd best player on an ACC team. We need much more from Monsanto and Williamson.
This. I'm pleasantly surprised by his development into a legit ACC starter, but he shouldn't be calling his own number for jump shots in the last two minutes of a tight game. He should be the 3rd option, know that he's the 3rd option, and play like it. If he gets space against a single defender like he did at Wisconsin, great. But he forced it down the stretch against LSU and it cost us the game - he could have used his ability to drive it inside to set someone up. It's like when he forgets to box out a free throw rebounder... Frustrating but the talent is there. Still think this team can gel and have a great year.

Back