• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game Game 10: LSU Tigers in Atlanta - 2pm Saturday ESPNU

Ituka is either a lot more injured than anybody is letting on, or he is not the guy who is gonna help us stay in the upper half of the conference after Appleby graduates.
I think he’s transitioning to this level is going to take the whole year

I don’t get Forbes’ love affair with Hildreth.
There is WFU typical Hildreth hate he spews on both boards. You’re a moron if you can’t see that right now Hildreth is our second best player and we would have lost 3 additional games without him. And quite frankly it’s getting old. I still don’t see you complaining about Monsanto shooting us out of every game now.

He had a triple double a few games back. He’s a very solid sophomore and has improved a lot compared to last year. He’s our second most consistent player, and possibly our second best player. It’s easy to see why Forbes trusts him so much.
He hates Hildreth and does nothing but complains about him on both boards while talking up Monsanto as the next Jordan.

We need Carr to get more designed looks.

He averages 9.6 and 5.

We need 14 and 7. Ideally 16 and 8, but I don't think that's reasoanble.

Because Daivien and Ituka are hurt, we need him shooting mid range, jump hooks, whatever.

Shooting more as a point of emphasis, and maybe some other dudes shoot less.

I didn't get to see the game. We were driving after the game and I had my wife read me the stats... My conclusion was that we aren't going to win many games when we shoot 24 3-pointers and make 20% of them. And also that we have to have more from Monsanto and Williamson (and/or Ituka) if we are going to be any good.

We need Carr to get more designed looks.

He averages 9.6 and 5.

We need 14 and 7. Ideally 16 and 8, but I don't think that's reasoanble.

Because Daivien and Ituka are hurt, we need him shooting mid range, jump hooks, whatever.

Shooting more as a point of emphasis, and maybe some other dudes shoot less.
Duncan was 9.+ something pts and boards as a rookie. I don't think carr is going for 16 and 8 this season.

Now or projected?

Appleby is a top-tier player. I think Zach and Bobi both project as top-tier players.

Matthew, Cam, and Damari are at various stages of their development, but probably tap out a step below as ceilings. Daivien is who he is, which is solid.

I haven't seen enough from Jao, Davion, or Lucas, but they certainly haven't done much to stand out imo.

This isn't my preferred way of building rosters, fwiw.

ETA: Andrew is probably in that tier 2 category, for me. I forgot about him. I'm sorry to pile on, but if you still think he's more fundamentally sound than Jake LaRavia, then I don't know what to tell you.
Carr's going to have to step up, no doubt. He's a heady player and he's going to have to figure out how to avoid the fouls because the team needs him on the court. That said, he doesn't make a lot of errors or questionable decisions when he's in the game. My biggest concern with him right now is that he's getting out-muscled a bit.

Zach is a huge question mark. He's a freshman so plenty of time. But I haven't seen the post presence or the perimeter athleticism to project him as a top tier guy. Frankly yesterday he was pretty bad.

Bobi has the athleticism. His 3s are going to need to start dropping.

Monsanto man. Lol. Forbes is going to have to bend him and reign him in a bit. The shot selection is just hilarious sometimes. His heat check moment was the first shot of the game after he got that steal. I didn't really have a problem with his shot at the end of the game.

Wouldn’t say either were “big gets.” Big gets impact in someway as freshman. They are both pretty bad players at this point. And we only got Klintman because he couldn’t get into Colorado (not exactly an Ivy League school). Not a great look for WF.
Colorado just hired Sanders, who will be allowed to recruit 50 transfers. Really doubt Klintman was denied admission there. That being said, WF is much more lenient with basketball recruits than football. Half the team (or more) are probably academic exceptions. Football has 2 per year.

There is WFU typical Hildreth hate he spews on both boards. You’re a moron if you can’t see that right now Hildreth is our second best player and we would have lost 3 additional games without him. And quite frankly it’s getting old. I still don’t see you complaining about Monsanto shooting us out of every game now.
Get over it.

There are a lot of people I know who think Hildreth is a mid-major type of player. He’s a tweener: he doesn’t have the long and mid-range scoring skills needed for a big guard, , he’s too short for a small forward and he lacks the athleticism to make up for it. I don’t hate the kid and appreciate his hustle and good attitude. I just don’t understand why he plays 38 minutes a game, takes big shots and is defending LSU’s best player on the last play of the game. His jock is still at the foul line in Atlanta. The dude blew by him like he had cement is his shoes. But you be you and call me a moron for questioning Forbe’s confidence in him. It’s a legitimate question.

And I complemented him on his play in the Wisconsin game and a couple of others. He gets the most out of his talent. But if he’s our second or third option on offense and the top option on defense, we aren’t going to win a lot.

There are a lot of people I know who think Hildreth is a mid-major type of player. He’s a tweener: he doesn’t have the long and mid-range scoring skills needed for a big guard, , he’s too short for a small forward and he lacks the athleticism to make up for it. I don’t hate the kid and appreciate his hustle and good attitude. I just don’t understand why he plays 38 minutes a game, takes big shots and is defending LSU’s best player on the last play of the game. His jock is still at the foul line in Atlanta. The dude blew by him like he had cement is his shoes. But you be you and call me a moron for questioning Forbe’s confidence in him. It’s a legitimate question.
You still and just don't seem to understand that he's still one of the best players on this team. Not sure what it's gonna take to get that reality across to you.

Colorado just hired Sanders, who will be allowed to recruit 50 transfers. Really doubt Klintman was denied admission there. That being said, WF is much more lenient with basketball recruits than football. Half the team (or more) are probably academic exceptions. Football has 2 per year.
It's been well documented that Klintman could not get into Colorado and thus signed with Wake.

And it already came out that one of the deals for Sanders signing was Colorado relaxing admissions and transfers for athletes. Klintman’s case was directly cited.

I didn't think Klintman's not getting into Colorado was because of sketchy/poor academics, I thought it was about Euro high school credits, and Wake -- surprisingly/fortunately for once -- could be more flexible than a state school on some of the qualifications. I thought that was the story on that, rather than any kind of poor record. Could definitely be wrong there, though.

Back