• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game Game 10: LSU Tigers in Atlanta - 2pm Saturday ESPNU

Going to be a long season…probably.

I think this team has potential to become good. But will they…?

No it wasn’t and he needs to sit on his ass down until he decides he wants to play like a teammate instead of a guy that wants to jack it up 100 times and get his.
Wasn't his worst decision ever, or this game. I'm madder at him in aggregate than for that one shot.

DW needs to play better. I think you have to limit Monsanto's minutes a bit until you can get him to touch it three times in a row without hoisting up a contested three. I'm fine with him having a green light and think the last shot was fine (although Tyree not having a chance to take it down the lane is...disappointing) but he's gotta stop chucking so much, it's bad.

Hildreth going for the hail Mary, except this is basketball. 2.1 is enough time for something a bit better than that.
Eh, that’s not what we should focus on. That’s going to be a miracle play if anything works, TBH.

Last edited:
Wasn't his worst decision ever, or this game. I'm madder at him in aggregate than for that one shot.
Yeah, that’s the point, when you haven’t been able to throw it the ocean, that‘s not the shot or time to take the most important shot of the game.

You wouldn’t think that one institution could really have this many inexplicable meltdowns but here we are.

I genuinely believe there is some kind of subtle but pervasive losers mentality throughout much of our athletic department. Maybe it’s from being the underdog so often, maybe it’s people buying into LOWF, or something. But it’s like the air people breathe and it messes with players and coaches, and leads to bizarre mental lockups at the worst times.

I’m not going to get down on Forbes because I do think he is a really good coach, but…Keller and Klintman on the court for that long stretch in the 2nd half while Marsh rode the bench is terrible coaching. Keller and Klintman are not ready yet.

Also, his lack of timeouts and general feel for the game and momentum changes is severely lacking. This one is on him. Feel bad for Ty and Marsh. They played great games. Cam had flashes. Everyone else was just all around bad.

I had no problem with Monsanto taking that shot. It was open, not 10 feet behind the arc, and from straightaway. KJ Williams was shooting 120% from that spot tonight, and that's the difference. I had problems with some of his others for sure. In fact, with his height, I kind of expected him to get the final shot.

I had a problem with the freshmen getting so much playing time during crunch time. They were completely ineffective out there on both sides of the ball, and it was apparent from the first half. Carr needed to be out there more. He's actually a threat to score.

If Marsh can play like he has the last few games, a lot of our problems are solved in conference play. Defending KJ Williams aside.

I like Cam a lot, but goddammit, he misses so many close shots and then looks for a foul call. Just make those shots, man.

Sort of figured this might happen and tried to get wrapped up in France/England instead.

I genuinely believe there is some kind of subtle but pervasive losers mentality throughout much of our athletic department. Maybe it’s from being the underdog so often, maybe it’s people buying into LOWF, or something. But it’s like the air people breathe and it messes with players and coaches, and leads to bizarre mental lockups at the worst times.
The fact that our football and basketball teams totally collapse before halves is almost eerie.

Not sure why Keller is getting so much time....wondered this for awhile now.

He's not strong enough yet, especially in his hands.

Forbes is 13-11 against KP Top 100 last two seasons.

I had no problem with Monsanto taking that shot. It was open, not 10 feet behind the arc, and from straightaway. KJ Williams was shooting 120% from that spot tonight, and that's the difference. I had problems with some of his others for sure. In fact, with his height, I kind of expected him to get the final shot.

I had a problem with the freshmen getting so much playing time during crunch time. They were completely ineffective out there on both sides of the ball, and it was apparent from the first half. Carr needed to be out there more. He's actually a threat to score.

If Marsh can play like he has the last few games, a lot of our problems are solved in conference play. Defending KJ Williams aside.

I like Cam a lot, but goddammit, he misses so many close shots and then looks for a foul call. Just make those shots, man.
Yeah and I think the excuse against Clemson was they shot so well in the 2nd half and whenever we play another decent team, Rutgers I guess, they‘ll shoot really well and we’ll be like “ Forbes can’t help they were making all those shots” rinse and repeat.

Back