• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game XXVI: Georgia Tech @ LJVM - Saturday 5pm - ACCN

I really don't get some of Forbes lineups. Marsh was pretty much unguardable down low by their very small roster but let's negate our huge advantage by not using it!

Sometimes coaches get transfixed on size. They get stuck on the idea that their big just can't guard small lineups without realizing their small lineup can't guard either, but they've negated their size advantage anyway.

We are a Jake away from being a handful for any team we face. Carr has to step up from here on.

Watched Forbes post game presser.

Carr is hurt and has not been practicing.

He kept telling the guys how to keep Franklin off the glass and they finally got it with about 8 minutes left.

Appleby needs a week off.

He mentioned again that Bobi is really coming on lately.

Also, had some great quotes too.

The last GT basket was 100% a charge. He fully extended his arm and cleared Cam out. That's not even close. I mean I get why they didn't call it since GT was doing physical shit all game, but that has to be called. It was the only reason he got the open shot up.
It wasn’t a charge. Cam’s feet weren’t set and he was literally sliding with him when contact his made. The GT player was running full speed to the hoop. It just wasn’t good defense. Cam didn’t argue it and neither did Forbes. And by the way, GT shot 8 free throws to Wake’s 24. So I wouldn’t complain about not getting a call there. We stole one today.

GT dude lowered the shoulder directly into Cam’s chest while he was in legal guarding position. Unquestionably a charge. Also almost exactly what happened at the end of the U*NC-Syracuse game a couple of weeks ago. Davis got the whistle, Cam didn’t.
Who cares? We shot 24 free throws to GT’s 8. We won ugly and probably stole one today. Move on.

that last basket by tech is either a block or a charge. There was way too much contact for that to be a no call. Plus it resulted in hildreth on the floor and the offensive player with a wide open layup. But yeah, overall the free throws definitely favored wake.

Who cares? We shot 24 free throws to GT’s 8. We won ugly and probably stole one today. Move on.
He extended his whole arm. Maybe not a charge but a definite offensive foul. We shot 24 FT’s to their 8 because they are a team that fouls a lot more than we do. I believe they have the least amount of FT’s in the conference so they also don’t draw many fouls. FT’s are not something that should just be even every game.

He extended his whole arm. Maybe not a charge but a definite offensive foul. We shot 24 FT’s to their 8 because they are a team that fouls a lot more than we do. I believe they have the least amount of FT’s in the conference so they also don’t draw many fouls. FT’s are not something that should just be even every game.
UVA is actually 6th in the conference in FTA.

And I’m not saying the free throws should have been the same.

I am saying I’d be willing to bet a whole lot that if the situation were reversed and we had lost a game where we had a 24:8 disparity in FTA’s, there’d be about 5 pages of this message board whining and complaining about it. It’s comical that when we are on the positive side of that disparity, no one says a peep. Oh and by the way, we won yesterday by 1 point. So I’ll leave that right there. Pastner showed a good deal of restraint in his postgame presser when asked about this.

Let’s bookmark this thread the next time we bitch and moan about ACC officiating and say how they’re out to screw Wake Forest.

Door swings both ways, folks. Go Deacs.

I mean, I definitely can. Their last shot was a 100% foul. I can also easily argue that the FT disparity should’ve been even worse than 24-8.

Not sure you could see on tv but being at the game and watching Pastner running and jumping up and down the court continually with his arms waving is a bit much. Looks like a total idiot.

Not sure you could see on tv but being at the game and watching Pastner running and jumping up and down the court continually with his arms waving is a bit much. Looks like a total idiot.
I’d guess he wasn’t happy with the officiating. I wouldn’t be either if I were him. And I’m sure Forbes has had those games too. Would you call him a total idiot too?

We got beat but fell backwards into a victory. Didn’t deserve it. Don’t deserve NCAAs at this point. Hopefully officials can bail us out of these next two. But I’m sure we’d just somehow lose to ND or some shit. Whatever. Rinse. Repeat.

Back