• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game XXVI: Georgia Tech @ LJVM - Saturday 5pm - ACCN

It's ridiculous they are scheduling them, but non D-1 games do not count in any rating system.

This is their second non D-1 game this year too.

Correct, they literally don't count.

Utah Valley is 21-6 overall, but they've played THREE non D-1 games, so it's 17-6 on the NET for their record.

They handled Western Colorado, SAGU American Indian, and Antelope Valley though.

Understandable why low level d1 schools schedule non-d1 teams, but inexcusable and dumb for a power 5 school to do so.

Game threads are like:

“I love my wife but I don’t understand why she doesn’t rinse the dishes before putting them in the sink.”

“Do you really want a divorce?!?! Do you remember how bad your exes were!!!!!?????”

There’s nothing wrong with griping in frustration about a coach we like.

from the gatech boards:

We foul a lot and stupidly. Wake doesn't foul nearly as much. Wake has shot 323 on the season GT has shot 170 this season. Not the refs, it's GT BB that is the issue. Only ND has shot fewer FTs than GT and that's by 2. Appleby has taken 33 more FTs than any other ACC player in ACC games. We fouled him a lot as has every other ACC team.

We couldn't get the ball inbounded 3 tries at the end of the game not counting the full court prayer at the end. How the heck can a college team not be able to run an inbound play. The pass to Sturdivant had him catch the ball against the sideline into a double team. That is absurd. He walked long before any potential foul.

Appleby was fouled by Franklin as he started his shooting motion. Clear as day. Not a ref issue. A GT issue!

Kids play hard but not always smart. We also lack the go to player. Wake has one for sure in Appleby.

Sucked to lose a very winnable game.

The thing about game threads is dudes say some of the stupidest shit ever that just shows off their lack of knowledge and when called out on it they said “ screw you, it’s the game thread you moron!”

The thing about game threads is dudes say some of the stupidest shit ever that just shows off their lack of knowledge and when called out on it they said “ screw you, it’s the game thread you moron!”
Zip it maroon!

It's ridiculous they are scheduling them, but non D-1 games do not count in any rating system.

This is their second non D-1 game this year too.
I know, and you probably want to try out some different rotations and get some less used guys some time, but it's hard to imagine the yahoos on the selection committee not mentally dinging a bubble team for losing to a DII.

Back