• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game XXVI: Georgia Tech @ LJVM - Saturday 5pm - ACCN

Re-watching the game, got to give Monsanto a lot of credit for being unselfish. Really made an effort to share the ball, at least once, just lobbing it up to Marsh, which GT stole...but the mindset of share the ball was definitely there.

Forbes mentioned that after the game, the unselfishness.

Meant to add Hildreth's hustle and defense --- impressive leadership.

And Marsh has to be leading the nation in FG% by now. If he falls short on MPG - that's a shame.

If the minimum is 40% of minutes, he’s behind by 12 minutes. So he needs to play 16 minutes a game plus those 12 minutes combined, about 18 minutes a game.

So many posts on these game threads begin with "I love Forbes but..."

I find that curious.

His postgames are poignant, he’s very personable, we know he’s busting his ass recruiting. He’s doing all the right things but as a whole the basketball program is still struggling. Some people blame that on Forbes while others realize the hole we were in. Then some acknowledge that the state of college athletics is in complete flux.

Because he's much better than "better than awful".

People are reactionary on game threads and are likely anecdotally replying to something that they just saw that may or may not actually be true about Forbes/coaching/what's going on.

ACC COY last year, and doing better than projected in the pre-season even after LaRavia went pro. Also brought in a possible second straight ACC POY who could lead the ACC in points and assists.

We play hard nearly all the time, run clean sets, and look like we know what we're doing. He's also personable, which correlates strong to recruiting, and is in the process of putting together a pretty solid class for the future.

This season has been a bit sabotaged by injuries and lack of depth in the back court, as well as Walton leaving unexpectedly too. Defense has admittedly been poor, which he assuredly knows about, but that also ties in a lot to not having a shot blocker at the 5.

I got your point. You missed mine. The game threads are largely worthless for anything other than in the moment, reactionary griping.
Fair enough. I never read the threads until the game is over.

I got your point. You missed mine. The game threads are largely worthless for anything other than in the moment, reactionary griping.
of course
i put my gripes here rather than having the wife kick me out of the house for cussing at the tv around the kids

kidding not kidding
:)

Case in point - I was annoyed that Marsh wasn't playing more Saturday, but hindsight and looking at the big picture it makes sense why he didn't.

Not to say that Forbes is always right, but he's right a helluva more than I am watching from my couch.

why does wake have a full week between games

Back