• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

McClinton

tbpnwe

Reaction score
Red shirt or will we see him this year.

Most likely will get the shirt.

I will be surprised if he plays this season. He shouldnt, for a number of reasons.

I will be surprised if he plays this season. He shouldnt, for a number of reasons.

Injury and.....?

Super+Troopers+5.jpg

Well, the difficulty for most freshman (not named Parker or Wiggins) of the transition from HS to major college ball. The game is so much faster than anything they have ever experienced. He has missed out on summer workouts, fall practice, and the cupcake tour to start the year. It would be difficult to break in with significant minutes at this point, especially given our deep rotation. Basically, we shouldnt rush him back when he couldnt contribute much and he would just waste a valuable year.

Well, the difficulty for most freshman (not named Parker or Wiggins) of the transition from HS to major college ball. The game is so much faster than anything they have ever experienced. He has missed out on summer workouts, fall practice, and the cupcake tour to start the year. It would be difficult to break in with significant minutes at this point, especially given our deep rotation. Basically, we shouldnt rush him back when he couldnt contribute much and he would just waste a valuable year.

I agree with you and this is all very logical. You think he'll actually redshirt?

I have no faith that the coaching staff will do something that is in the long term interest of one of their players.

Talked to his dad tonight, hope to be back after the break. Ironic thing is his dad tore his mcl about 4 months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is he going to play? We have Travis ,Moto, and Tree at SF already . We have Coron , Codi, and Miles at SG.

Bz said at the coaches luncheon that he will likely red shirt. He also said that if he were healthy he would be starting. He is that good.

Bz said at the coaches luncheon that he will likely red shirt. He also said that if he were healthy he would be starting. He is that good.

So the excuse will be when we lose that we lost because we didn't have one of our starters...

Or the others are that bad...

What do you mean where is he going to play? He'd still get plenty of time if he was decent with the current roster. Not a knock on our guys, just a commentary IMO.

So the excuse will be when we lose that we lost because we didn't have one of our starters...

Two. Daniel Green.

Three if you count Shelton.

Make it four if you count Haas which you can blame on the Strattons.

How is Devin Thomas supposed to win by himself?

The reality is with Travis here and having Moto and Tree, Greg will have to be very good and completely healthy to see the court at all this season. It's a total disservice to him to put him in that position.

Let him heal and have a shot a meaningful PT net year. Trying too hard when not 100% is counterproductive and could even lead reinjuring himself.

Back