• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

McClinton

Tony x 2.

If I'm not mistaken, Tony had at least practiced with the team in the summer and had gone through the fall practices before he got hurt in the first game. GM hasn't had the chance to do either. There's more incentive to red shirt McClinton than there was Tony. Also, there were no other pg's on the team with Tony. We seem to have enough forwards that not having McClinton would not be as big a hole to fill.

The fact that it's still up in the air, more than whether GMac's situation is a carbon copy to that of Tony's, is more the point.

Don't forget about Daniel Green, either. For as maligned as he is on here, dude came back way too fast, as well.

I don't know if it's Buzz or the staff in general, but there is a streak of rushing back guys who can help and the track record isn't good.

Fine, but, let's be clear, if he does do it it will not be the first time.

I have no disagreement with that. From the looks of things we brought both Tony and Daniel back too soon. And I'll tell you what's worse. So far, under the Buzz regime (if we leave out GM for a moment because his case has not been decided), Tony and Daniel have been our only two serious injuries, and both players seem to have been brought back too soon. So, Buzz appears to be batting 100% wrong. Let's hope we do the right thing with Greg this year, and Shelton next year, and not rush them back too soon. On the other hand, the Buzz record is not too good at this point on returning players from serious injuries. In fact, so far Buzz has been 100% wrong. (Who'd a thunk it!) The man's a menace.

Back