• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

McClinton

The reality is with Travis here and having Moto and Tree, Greg will have to be very good and completely healthy to see the court at all this season. It's a total disservice to him to put him in that position.

Let him heal and have a shot a meaningful PT net year. Trying too hard when not 100% is counterproductive and could even lead reinjuring himself.

Look out, Rick, that is entirely too reasonable for you.

Some of yall obviously haven't seen McClinton play. He is the best option at SF we have besides Mckie and he will be a 3-4 year starter for us. He will be a star at wake

Some of yall obviously haven't seen McClinton play. He is the best option at SF we have besides Mckie and he will be a 3-4 year starter for us. He will be a star at wake

No shock we haven't seem him play since he's never suited up for Wake. Most of us aren't frequenting HS games. That said, I sure hope you're right. Would be nice to see a little talent out there.

No shock we haven't seem him play since he's never suited up for Wake. Most of us aren't frequenting HS games. That said, I sure hope you're right. Would be nice to see a little talent out there.

He also hasn't played in almost a year. And he has torn the same ACL twice.

Greg might have looked like the best option at SF as a junior in high school, but even then he was a run-and-jump athlete who couldn't create his own looks and lacked a perimeter jumper. Cameron Stanley is a worst-case scenario, IMO. Depending on how Greg bounces back physically from his second major knee injury will tell us a lot about how much he is ready to contribute as a freshman. That's why the red-shirt is really the right call, IMO.

That is to say, given that we have some depth at SF, I really don't know why we're building Greg McClinton up as our next savior. Let's wait until we see what Daniel Green has in the tank, first...

Anyone arguing that we have too much talent at any position to get run time needs to have their head examined. Our teams talent level is severely overrated by many here.

Anyone arguing that we have too much talent at any position to get run time needs to have their head examined. Our teams talent level is severely overrated by many here.

There's a difference between talent and depth... There is plenty of depth at the SF position right now, including three upperclassmen.

Bz said at the coaches luncheon that he will likely red shirt. He also said that if he were healthy he would be starting. He is that good.

If there was even a chance he was that good BZ would burn the shirt in a heartbeat.

He also hasn't played in almost a year. And he has torn the same ACL twice.

Greg might have looked like the best option at SF as a junior in high school, but even then he was a run-and-jump athlete who couldn't create his own looks and lacked a perimeter jumper. Cameron Stanley is a worst-case scenario, IMO. Depending on how Greg bounces back physically from his second major knee injury will tell us a lot about how much he is ready to contribute as a freshman. That's why the red-shirt is really the right call, IMO.

That is to say, given that we have some depth at SF, I really don't know why we're building Greg McClinton up as our next savior. Let's wait until we see what Daniel Green has in the tank, first...
Agree 100%

There's a difference between talent and depth... There is plenty of depth at the SF position right now, including three upperclassmen.

Eh..he would move McKie to PF and start Jones, CMM, McClinton, McKie, and Devin.

Eh I'm not advocating for GM playing at all, but the team is much better when Travis is playing the 4.

Buzz' ideal starting five is five wings. There is always room on the court for wings.

Umm, I saw him play quite a bit in high school and would be shocked if he started for an ACC school... Even Wake Forest.

I hear Mclinton is a run-jump athlete like Toykoto at UNC. Can he shoot better?

I hear Mclinton is a run-jump athlete like Toykoto at UNC. Can he shoot better?

They are similar players both in terms of positives and negatives. That said, Tokoto has GMac by at least 20 pounds.

So BzzzDouche is trotting out an 18-year old kid not ready to play physically in a desperate ploy to save his job? That's all I need to know, right?

So BzzzDouche is trotting out an 18-year old kid not ready to play physically in a desperate ploy to save his job? That's all I need to know, right?

Again. He's doing it again.

Again. He's doing it again.

The better informed points on this thread are exactly that GM probably will not play this year, which most likely is the wise decision. Let's let Buzz mess something up - we surely wont need to wait that long - before we jump to conclusions.

The better informed points on this thread are exactly that GM probably will not play this year, which most likely is the wise decision. Let's let Buzz mess something up - we surely wont need to wait that long - before we jump to conclusions.

Fine, but, let's be clear, if he does do it it will not be the first time.

Back