• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Me Too [Cuomo joins hall of shame]

Yeah well pretty much just RJ on here, just saying that I like them. Sen. Warren is not bullshit btw, but keep you will defend because #teammates.

So she thought she was Native American based on her family lore and wanted to engage with people who were also Native American?

Yeah she better resign.

Her very next statement in the interview after the quote you have is: "I have lived in a family that has talked about Native Americans and talked about tribes since I have been a little girl, I still have a picture on my mantle at home, and it’s a picture my mother had before that, a picture of my grandfather, and my Aunt Bee has walked by that picture at least 1,000 times, remarked that he, that her father, my papa, had high cheekbones like all of the Indians do, because that’s how she saw it."

I seriously can't imagine how this can be a hill anyone would want to die on Catamount.

ITT conservative degrades adult woman for believing what her parents told her.

So she thought she was Native American based on her family lore and wanted to engage with people who were also Native American?

Yeah she better resign.

Her very next statement in the interview after the quote you have is: "I have lived in a family that has talked about Native Americans and talked about tribes since I have been a little girl, I still have a picture on my mantle at home, and it’s a picture my mother had before that, a picture of my grandfather, and my Aunt Bee has walked by that picture at least 1,000 times, remarked that he, that her father, my papa, had high cheekbones like all of the Indians do, because that’s how she saw it."

I seriously can't imagine how this can be a hill anyone would want to die on Catamount.

Totally going off old memory here, so apologies if I am wrong...but I could have sworn I read that back in the early 80s Trump said in an interview or autobiography that his family was from Sweden, but then 20+ years later, admitted that they were from Germany. His rationale was something along the lines of "my dad used to tell me we were Swedish."

Totally going off old memory here, so apologies if I am wrong...but I could have sworn I read that back in the early 80s Trump said in an interview or autobiography that his family was from Sweden, but then 20+ years later, admitted that they were from Germany. His rationale was something along the lines of "my dad used to tell me we were Swedish."

No, his dad used to say Donald made as much sense as the Swedish Chef.

ITT conservative degrades adult woman for believing what her parents told her.

This seems likes one of those times that if your girl had a R in front of her name instead of a D you would feel differently.

Or not. Because your position is bullshit.

People who are full of shit tend to believe other people are just as full of shit.

Catamount believes the lie he's been told because he hates Warren. He doesn't hate Warren because he believes the lie.

Here is the Minneapolis Tribune story on Garrison Keillor

if his side of the story is accurate, his punishment most certainly exceeded his "crime":

“I put my hand on a woman’s bare back. I meant to pat her back after she told me about her unhappiness and her shirt was open and my hand went up it about six inches. She recoiled. I apologized. I sent her an email of apology later and she replied that she had forgiven me and not to think about it. We were friends. We continued to be friendly right up until her lawyer called.”

So what is her side of the story? His doesn't seem "interesting" or "complicated."

Here is the Minneapolis Tribune story on Garrison Keillor

if his side of the story is accurate, his punishment most certainly exceeded his "crime":

“I put my hand on a woman’s bare back. I meant to pat her back after she told me about her unhappiness and her shirt was open and my hand went up it about six inches. She recoiled. I apologized. I sent her an email of apology later and she replied that she had forgiven me and not to think about it. We were friends. We continued to be friendly right up until her lawyer called.”

Then bro should produce the receipts.

You're right. His family - mainly his scumbag father - did not want the stink of Nazi Germany on him as he was selling properties to Jewish buyers. At some point in the 80s, Fred or Donald - wgaf, really - was counseled to stop lying about it because they had nothing left to gain from the lie anymore. Evidently, Trump is Swedish in the first edition (or in his first biography) and German in the second. Or so the story goes. Let's be honest, though: Catarube won't care.

You're right. His family - mainly his scumbag father - did not want the stink of Nazi Germany on him as he was selling properties to Jewish buyers. At some point in the 80s, Fred or Donald - wgaf, really - was counseled to stop lying about it because they had nothing left to gain from the lie anymore. Evidently, Trump is Swedish in the first edition (or in his first biography) and German in the second. Or so the story goes. Let's be honest, though: Catarube won't care.

Pretty sure there were some tweets posted about this on one of these threads just in the last few days. In Trump's first book he claims Swedish roots and in his second book he claims German. The Family gave up the ruse when a museum in Sweden reached out to the family in the early 90's about doing an exhibit on the Trump family. And their Swedish heretage. The lie about their German roots was completely done to get ahead in the real estate business following WWII, so, in other words, to advance his father's career under false pretenses.

Weird how catamount doesn't care because of the R by Trump's name.

Back