• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Me Too [Cuomo joins hall of shame]

Lauer isn't in jail. He was fired from his job. Someone doesn't need to be guilty of something to get fired. There are many reasons to fire somebody including making your employer look bad or potentially creating a harmful environment for co-workers.

Really? I thought Lauer was in jail. :tard:

Not my point. The point is that, in the current climate, as soon as allegations are published, they are deemed true in the court of public opinion (which doesn't include jail time), and they result in immediate consequences (unless, apparently you are running for President), such as the loss of your job, career, reputation.

Is it impossible to believe that sexual harassment allegations are ever not accurate or embellished after the fact or used by someone with an ax to grind? If the answer is "no, by their nature, sexual harassment allegations are always true" then, there is no concern. Otherwise, at some point, someone's career is going to implode without cause (anticipating the response that they can sue the accuser, really hard to put the genie back in the bottle once the allegation is out there, and it becomes a he said/she said situation).

Last edited:
I tend to agree with Pilchard, and I just assumed that whatever was in the allegation was so overwhelmingly damning and corroborated, that that little cheesedick Lauer copped to it.

I understand what you're saying but that's not specific to sexual harassment or sexual abuse.

I'm sure you can admit that you'd be fine working with someone who had be accused of committing some crimes but not others.

The thing pilch is forgetting or ignoring is that actual journalists investigate stories for some veracity before publishing. And in most of these recent firings, it was an organization finally acting on what was sometimes years of HR incidents

it's not like "some chick said you touched her boob last night so you're fired, Matt"

Last edited:
Right. I think what it comes down to is Pilch is more likely to identify with someone accused of harassment than someone who has been harassed and needs to be protected.

Right. I think what it comes down to is Pilch is more likely to identify with someone accused of harassment than someone who has been harassed and needs to be protected.

Horseshit post that completely ignores Pilch's point.

It is inevitable that sexual harassment allegations will be used to silence political opponents and members of the media.

Trying to engage in reasoned debate, and then, you make a clown statement about me. Typical.
Lauer’s accuser filed her complaint Monday; NBC fired him a day later; makes a fair and detailed investigation less likely.

Trying to engage in reasoned debate, and then, you make a clown statement about me. Typical.
Lauer’s accuser filed her complaint Monday; NBC fired him a day later; makes a fair and detailed investigation less likely.

Clearly, you have read very little about Lauer's situation with NBC.

The firing was striking—and also misleading—in its swiftness. NBC, according to a memo sent to staff by Andrew Lack, the chairman of NBC News, learned of an allegation of sexual impropriety against Lauer on Monday evening—one that “represented,” Lack wrote, “a clear violation of our company’s standards.” He added that “this may not have been an isolated incident.” (Indeed: The New York Times seems also have been reporting on the story, CNN’s Brian Stelter suggested. And Variety, one of its reporters, Elizabeth Wagmeister, noted on Twitter, had been working on a story on Lauer’s accusers “for months,” a story of which NBC, she said, was aware. “There are multiple women we’ve spoken to with far-ranging accusations against Lauer.”)

Unless they'd already conducted an investigation and/or knew that there were far more allegations coming down the pipe based on the fact that various other organizations were already deep into an investigation of Lauer's alleged sexual harassment/assault and NBC knew that.

Unless they'd already conducted an investigation and/or knew that there were far more allegations coming down the pipe based on the fact that various other organizations were already deep into an investigation of Lauer's alleged sexual harassment/assault and NBC knew that.

Yeah, I highly doubt NBC fired the face of their network and #1 cash earner on the whim of a rumor and a 24 hour investigation.

Clearly, you have read very little about Lauer's situation with NBC.

Variety had been working on the story for months.... But had not published anything. Why? Because they needed to complete a due diligent investigation before reporting the story. That is the point.

I don't GAF about Matt Lauer. Dude has been overpaid for years, but the point is that, in this current tide of harassment accusations, allegations are now immediately taken as fact and actions are taken, lives are changed, when the possibility exists that they may not be accurate. That is a concern.

Last edited:
Variety had been working on the story for months.... But had not published anything. Why? Because they needed to do a due diligent investigation before reporting the story. That is the point.

I don't GAF about Matt Lauer. Dude has been overpaid for years, but the point is that in this current tide of harassment accusations allegations are now immediately taken as fact and actions are taken, lives are changed when the possibility exists that they may not be accurate. That is a concern.

except that's not what happened here so not sure why you're using Lauer's story as your hammer. Maybe Garrison Keillor's firing would be a better outlet for your #outrage?

Variety had been working on the story for months.... But had not published anything. Why? Because they needed to do a due diligent investigation before reporting the story. That is the point.

I don't GAF about Matt Lauer. Dude has been overpaid for years, but the point is that in this current tide of harassment accusations allegations are now immediately taken as fact and actions are taken, lives are changed when the possibility exists that they may not be accurate. That is a concern.

I know it's a fear, but is that actually happening?

Last edited:
Variety had been working on the story for months.... But had not published anything. Why? Because they needed to do a due diligent investigation before reporting the story.

unless the accused is a Congressman or President

has anyone discussed the Pelosioso performance on Meet the Press?

except that's not what happened here so not sure why you're using Lauer's story as your hammer. Maybe Garrison Keillor's firing would be a better outlet for your #outrage?

Will break this down:

Not outraged. Simply pointing out that, in the current climate, the danger exists for a person to be falsely accused of sexual harassment and wrongfully suffer consequences. Maybe that's a correction that is needed for decades of powerful people getting away with sexual harassment, but now, anyone accused is assumed to have committed whatever act(s) they are accused of (would hope we all agree that is a bad thing).

As for the Lauer case, these are the reported facts:

- Accuser filed a Complaint on Monday.
- Decision to fire Lauer made on Tuesday.
- Variety and other media outlets have been investigating Lauer harassment stories, but none had reached the point where a media outlet felt they had evidence to publish.

Lauer could be the biggest creep in the world or he may have never told a dirty joke at the office, have no idea, but before firing him, based upon allegations, perform the same due diligent research that NBC did before they demoted Brian Williams for lying about his background in combat scenarios: vet the evidence fairly and reasonably, then reach an informed decision. If that was done, good for NBC, but based upon the facts above, not clear that it was.

Last edited:

holy fucking shit dude, do you have an axe to grind against this Pilchard guy?

What the fuck are you talking about? Have you read this thread?

I mean, I know you are not going to admit that your #narrative on Sen. Warren was bullshit, but at least have some basis in reality for your posts. Outside of RJ, who the fuck is defending Franken?

Yeah well pretty much just RJ on here, just saying that I like them. Sen. Warren is not bullshit btw, but keep you will defend because #teammates.
“I listed myself in the directory in the hopes that it might mean that I would be invited to a luncheon, a group something that might happen with people who are like I am. Nothing like that ever happened, that was clearly not the use for it and so I stopped checking it off,” said Warren.

Back