• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Me Too [Cuomo joins hall of shame]

Me Too [GHWB, Franken, et al...sigh]

I understand what you're saying but that's not specific to sexual harassment or sexual abuse.

I'm sure you can admit that you'd be fine working with someone who had be accused of committing some crimes but not others.

So Pilch, should being accused of a crime cost anybody their job? Or should people accused of certain crimes keep their job? If the latter, which crimes?

Yeah well pretty much just RJ on here, just saying that I like them. Sen. Warren is not bullshit btw, but keep you will defend because #teammates.

So instead of "getting her recipe in a cookbook", the gains of Warren's alleged lying are that and "getting invited to a luncheon"? That still shouldn't even make a dent, especially after the election we just had.

no, i don't like dishonest arguments

What in the world are you talking about?

The concern that a person could be falsely accused and suffer consequences without a reasonable investigation and findings based upon evidence?

Those that sexually harass others should be punished/fired/pay damages, but the environment is now ripe for those with ulterior motives to use such allegations to support an agenda or just to take someone out that they don't like.

The concern that a person could be falsely accused and suffer consequences without a reasonable investigation and findings based upon evidence?

Those that sexually harass others should be punished/fired/pay damages, but the environment is now ripe for those with ulterior motives to use such allegations to support an agenda or just to take someone out that they don't like.

So you're fine working along side someone who has been accused of sexual harassment.

Do you understand that others may not and an employer recognizes this?

And can you answer my question?

Variety releases their story

As the co-host of NBC’s “Today,” Matt Lauer once gave a colleague a sex toy as a present. It included an explicit note about how he wanted to use it on her, which left her mortified.

On another day, he summoned a different female employee to his office, and then dropped his pants, showing her his penis. After the employee declined to do anything, visibly shaken, he reprimanded her for not engaging in a sexual act.

He would sometimes quiz female producers about who they’d slept with, offering to trade names. And he loved to engage in a crass quiz game with men and women in the office: “fuck, marry or kill,” in which he would identify the female co-hosts that he’d most like to sleep with.

"Several women told Variety they complained to executives at the network about Lauer’s behavior, which fell on deaf ears given the lucrative advertising surrounding “Today.” NBC declined to comment. For most of Lauer’s tenture at “Today,” the morning news show was No. 1 in the ratings, and executives were eager to keep him happy."

Like I said, there was enough corroboration to fire Lauer. Doesn't diminish Pilchard's point though.

Will break this down:

Not outraged. Simply pointing out that, in the current climate, the danger exists for a person to be falsely accused of sexual harassment and wrongfully suffer consequences. Maybe that's a correction that is needed for decades of powerful people getting away with sexual harassment, but now, anyone accused is assumed to have committed whatever act(s) they are accused of (would hope we all agree that is a bad thing).

As for the Lauer case, these are the reported facts:

- Accuser filed a Complaint on Monday.
- Decision to fire Lauer made on Tuesday.
- Variety and other media outlets have been investigating Lauer harassment stories, but none had reached the point where a media outlet felt they had evidence to publish.

Lauer could be the biggest creep in the world or he may have never told a dirty joke at the office, have no idea, but before firing him, based upon allegations, perform the same due diligent research that NBC did before they demoted Brian Williams for lying about his background in combat scenarios: vet the evidence fairly and reasonably, then reach an informed decision. If that was done, good for NBC, but based upon the facts above, not clear that it was.

I read this like your KenPom sports posts.

So you're fine working along side someone who has been accused of sexual harassment.

Do you understand that others may not and an employer recognizes this?

And can you answer my question?

he said suspension was in order so your point makes no sense

Variety releases their story

As the co-host of NBC’s “Today,” Matt Lauer once gave a colleague a sex toy as a present. It included an explicit note about how he wanted to use it on her, which left her mortified.

On another day, he summoned a different female employee to his office, and then dropped his pants, showing her his penis. After the employee declined to do anything, visibly shaken, he reprimanded her for not engaging in a sexual act.

He would sometimes quiz female producers about who they’d slept with, offering to trade names. And he loved to engage in a crass quiz game with men and women in the office: “fuck, marry or kill,” in which he would identify the female co-hosts that he’d most like to sleep with.

Who doesn't enjoy this game? I can pass hours with the FMK technique.

has the media reported on and fueled the process of someone being falsely accused and left with a destroyed career/life?

the post-Weinstein revolution just began a few weeks ago, with a tidalwave of revelations of sexual misconduct in a very short span at a fever pitch. I don't believe anything is infallible and that some reporter(s) could run with some innuendo or false accusation like they do in every other area of journalism from time to time and a trigger-happy HR boss act on it

Last edited:
Again, with someone of Matt Lauer's high profile Im sure it was corroborated but it could happen

Yeah well pretty much just RJ on here, just saying that I like them. Sen. Warren is not bullshit btw, but keep you will defend because #teammates.

That Warren quote is devastating. Her career is over, no way she survives this free lunch scandal.

Back