• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Me Too [Cuomo joins hall of shame]

risc is transparent and awful. Refuses to believe women who have been abused by Judge Moore or the President, but then can't wait to post shit about Russell Simmons.

We get it. Only liberals and minorities do bad stuff.

risc is transparent and awful. Refuses to believe women who have been abused by Judge Moore or the President, but then can't wait to post shit about Russell Simmons.

Her initial comment seemed to be in defense of Tavis Smiley.

This seems relevant. Start at 3:20.

Again nobody is saying lock them up and throw away the key without due process, these are just allegations coming to surface and employers can choose what they want to do. There’s no “innocent until proven guilty” in the context of employment that’s identical to constitutional protections before being sent to prison

If I’m employed and being sexually harassed by my employer and file a complaint it sits in some dead file,
I file with the EEOC.

The other world we don’t live in? Matt Lauer, Oreilly, just go away. People get paid sign papers and frankly why should we care anyway.

By the way, you and your wife are good people in what you do for a living. May not be as financially rewarding but nice to see helping others. Good luck. Sincerely.

I think you are mistaking me for mdmh. And I don't understand the bolded.

I think you are mistaking me for mdmh. And I don't understand the bolded.

I think I understand her to be saying that in normal situations there is a chain of action for complaints, and checks in case those complaints go on answered.

However, in the world of powerful man, which none of us are except for maybe DonaldRoss, complaints go nowhere and the people who make them just go away.

Me Too [GHWB, Franken, et al...sigh]

Unfortunately, I think she is underestimating the social, vocational and other pressure upon women not to come forward with complaints, and the ready dismissal of such complaints in all fields. Even if we are not in the realm of powerful men.

Patriarchy is a hell of a drug.

Last edited:
I think I understand her to be saying that in normal situations there is a chain of action for complaints, and checks in case those complaints go on answered.

However, in the world of powerful man, which none of us are except for maybe DonaldRoss, complaints go nowhere and the people who make them just go away.

But this doesn't just happen in news rooms and hollywood sets with people making $20 M. It happens in restaurants and warehouses and academia and on and on and on. So I reject the idea that we don't live in the same world. Employers will protect their profits over their employees. More sensitivity training and more protocols won't save us.

But this doesn't just happen in news rooms and hollywood sets with people making $20 M. It happens in restaurants and warehouses and academia and on and on and on. So I reject the idea that we don't live in the same world. Employers will protect their profits over their employees. More sensitivity training and more protocols won't save us.

I agree, and that was my second post. I was just clarifying what I understood risc to say.

What is the proper action for an employer to take when a complaint is filed?

Investigate the complaint and move from there. My point is people arguing “I thought we were innocent until proven guilty” when people are shamed in public or are terminated from their job are bringing up a red herring.

I think this fuels the outrageous behavior we are seeing. These guys have gotten away with the kinda stuff their whole lives, and become so brazen because they think there are no consequences to their actions. First you have the Maple Fridge then the sexual assault.

Unfortunately, I think she is underestimating the social, vocational and other pressure upon women not to come forward with complaints, and the ready dismissal of such complaints in all fields. Even if we are not in the realm of powerful men.

Patriarchy is a hell of a drug.

While being part of the social pressure upon women not to come forward.

Back