• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Meatball Ron DeSatan and his fascist band of cowardly Republicans

Strong flex from Trump today flying to the Iowa State Fair just to upstage meatball.

yeah that doesn't surprise me as the disney stuff seemed to be when he jumped the shark (well outside of the whole abortion thing)

Last Call host Brian Sullivan asked DeSantis why he doesn’t just pick up the phone and call Disney CEO Bob Iger to resolve the dispute. “We’ve basically moved on,” DeSantis said. “They are suing the state of Florida. They are going to lose that lawsuit. So what I would say is, ‘Drop the lawsuit. You have the state that even CNBC ranks as number one of all 50 states for economy.”

Dude is telling the economic leader in the state to stand down because Florida has the best economy.

Note that DeSantis isn’t pulling back on any of the restrictions on Disney. He just doesn’t want Disney to challenge it.

Dude is telling the economic leader in the state to stand down because Florida has the best economy.

Note that DeSantis isn’t pulling back on any of the restrictions on Disney. He just doesn’t want Disney to challenge it.
From what I've read it's also hardly a given that Disney is going to lose the lawsuit as DeSantis claims. He's finally realized how much his attacks on Disney are hurting him, even among some Republicans, and now he just wants it to end. So much for alpha male take-no-prisoners culture warrior DeSantis.

There's plenty of public evidence DeSantis was specifically targeting Disney for their speech. DeSantis thought he could bully Disney to get cred within the party and by the time they lost the lawsuit, he'd be the nominee and it wouldn't matter. Now it's going to dominate the end of his second term and could hurt his chances to take on Rubio or run for president again in 2028

for average pubs voters who relieve themselves of their duty to stop this shit by saying “it’s all just dirty politics on both sides” I think taking on Disney was a step too far. They love The Mouse

There's plenty of public evidence DeSantis was specifically targeting Disney for their speech. DeSantis thought he could bully Disney to get cred within the party and by the time they lost the lawsuit, he'd be the nominee and it wouldn't matter. Now it's going to dominate the end of his second term and could hurt his chances to take on Rubio or run for president again in 2028
If DeSantis does as poorly as it now appears he will in the GOP primaries next year he's not going to have to worry about 2028. Given how disappointing and almost comically inept his campaign has been this year it's hard to imagine large donors lining up to give him big bucks for 2028 as they did this year, and since he won't be governor in 2028 he won't be able to draw on the Florida state government or state GOP apparatus for organizational and financial support as he has this time. Unless he somehow turns it around and makes a credible run in the primaries next year he won't be a serious GOP candidate for 2028, imo.

Last edited:
Wait you think he’d primary Rubio?
What else is he going to do? How else is he going to get those private jets? Casey is accustomed to a certain lifestyle.

Maybe he’ll get a job at the kinda firm that would represent Trump.
That would be a most fitting end for Meatball - to end up as the next Giuliani wrecking whatever is left of his reputation, dignity, fortune, and everything else defending Trump as his lawyer, with a dissatisfied Casey yelling in his ear that he needs to make more money to pay for her latest expensive Paris fashion shopping spree.

Last edited:
From what I've read it's also hardly a given that Disney is going to lose the lawsuit as DeSantis claims. He's finally realized how much his attacks on Disney are hurting him, even among some Republicans, and now he just wants it to end. So much for alpha male take-no-prisoners culture warrior DeSantis.
Disney has a good case, better lawyers (I may be a little biased, since a couple of them are friends of mine) and deeper pockets - obviously anything can happen, but my money is on Disney.

Back