• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Meatball Ron DeSatan and his fascist band of cowardly Republicans

There are reports that his campaign has simply run out of money and he can't raise enough to keep going. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy. He's burned through in excess of $100 million and will end up with nothing to show for it but a series of humiliating defeats and kissing Trump's ass after he concedes to try and get back in his (and especially his supporters) good graces. I guess now he can go back to being the Little Mussolini of Florida and making the lives of teachers, professors and public ed, the LGBTQ community, Disney, and other enemies as miserable as possible for his last three years as governor.

NYT reporting that DeSantis is dropping out.

You think he can run a national campaign again? People fucking hated him as soon as they encountered him
Yes, if he has Trump's full endorsement. He won't end his political career in 2026. I could maybe see him challenging Rubio in 2028 if he gets Trump's endorsement but that's about it.

Yes, if he has Trump's full endorsement. He won't end his political career in 2026. I could maybe see him challenging Rubio in 2028 if he gets Trump's endorsement but that's about it.
Given all of the advantages he started with just a year ago, few candidates have failed in a more epic fashion - news reports are that he's spent at least $130 million and he won nothing. The more people saw of him in person the less they liked him. He might try to run again for the nomination in 2028 but he'll get nowhere - no big-name donors are going to take a chance on him again, his reputation with party leaders outside of Florida is mud, and he's now seen as a joke and weirdo at the national level. And as he won't be governor in 2028 he won't have the state party apparatus behind him like he did this time. Of course he will still be the governor for three more years, so I guess we'll see how much more damage and suffering he can cause minorities and people and groups he doesn't like down there.

Now he will reposition himself on Trump's balls in hopes of getting the 2028 endorsement.

Would he give up the governorship for a cabinet spot? Does FL hold a special election if he vacates or is their a line of succession/appointment?

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'TEL RON, IT WAS ME'

Back