• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Meet the Bagman: How to buy college football players

It's how you also know that he wasn't talking to a Kentucky bagman.

Kentucky doesn't need bag men, remember? Our coaches personally just mail recruits boxes of money which just happen to tear open during shipping...

Kentucky doesn't need bag men, remember? Our coaches personally just mail recruits boxes of money which just happen to tear open during shipping...

Players don't come to UK for the money. They come for the mentorship of World Wide Wes.

Hoops doesn't need as much $ cause the superstars can bail after 1 year if they want to

Chris Mills was one of my favorite players at Arizona when I was growing up in Tucson.

WE OWE IT TO THEM!!!

Wake does not have a bag man. We might have some "deals" for kids, esp w/ cars and what not, but no bag men. That's for the big boys, not LOWF.

I know for a fact that shit happened at OSU, their bag man had a brinks truck and our bag man had a sack marbles. This was a really good article. Deacs need to syphon some endowment money to our bag men. Our bag man have shit in their bags. Let it rain bag men, Deacs got some catching up to do.

Wake needs to send their Bag Men to Clemson for training.....but wait until we send our Bag Men to Bama for training first. Together, we can out bid FSU, I know it!

It's also how lame duck coaching staffs are created. If a majority of bag men want a particular coach out and an A.D. or president won't make a move, they'll just dry up funds.

"The coach won't know exactly when we decide to make that happen, but they've got a good idea. Then we get to see just how damn good a recruiter he really is. I know one of our guys once stopped putting in big bucks, way more than what I do, just because a head coach cussed too much on the team plane. [The coach] was losing anyway, but because he took the Lord's name in vain, that guy was offended by his morality and stopped illegally paying college football players."

this made me laugh, and is a microcosm of Southern culture in general

I know for a fact that shit happened at OSU, their bag man had a brinks truck and our bag man had a sack marbles. This was a really good article. Deacs need to syphon some endowment money to our bag men. Our bag man have shit in their bags. Let it rain bag men, Deacs got some catching up to do.

You know for a fact? If so, say it.

You know how you can tell that they are talking about the SEC? Because they don't mention basketball recruiting one time.

Can't say just SEC anymore because we have it at UNC & Miami and don't forget the Clemson kid 2 yeatrs ago on Facebook with the handfuls of $100's. Plus the last 3 teams from our area on some form of NCAA probation, beside's of course Ohio State & Penn State have been UNC-Ch, Miami and Georgia Tech. The SEC just keeps a book on each bagman and doesn't get caught as of late.

It's not shocking to read this article, but at the same time, it is. Wow.

Can't say just SEC anymore because we have it at UNC & Miami and don't forget the Clemson kid 2 yeatrs ago on Facebook with the handfuls of $100's. Plus the last 3 teams from our area on some form of NCAA probation, beside's of course Ohio State & Penn State have been UNC-Ch, Miami and Georgia Tech. The SEC just keeps a book on each bagman and doesn't get caught as of late.

If I need to run a shadow operation,I am getting either Alabama or Auburn boosters. They're the best in the business.

Kentucky football now has a Stoops. He knows how to get it done also and is being paid to do so.

Damn reffy that is some hard hittin ESS EEE SEE analysis you should call into finebaum

It's not shocking to read this article, but at the same time, it is. Wow.

That's well put. The what and why aren't shocking but the how is interesting to read.

I feel like a few of the quotes gave away that he was talking about boosters from Alabama or Mississippi. I guess it's possible that he could mean intrastate ACC/SEC rivals, but one or two seemed like they were both in the SEC.

Definitely an interesting article worth a read.

He's an Ole Miss grad and I doubt boosters from Bama, Auburn, or Miss St. would talk to an Ole Miss grad.

Back