• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Metal

going to see defeater and august burns red next month in charlotte. should be a hell of a show.

I love ABR. Bought this sweater to wear to a Christmas party this year…

augustburnsreduglysweater.jpg

I love ABR. Bought this sweater to wear to a Christmas party this year…

augustburnsreduglysweater.jpg

i ordered a terror version of this!

if emmure werent so generic and douchey i would have ordered theirs, its design is nice.

Last edited:
the ABR show tonight was fucking incredible. the opening act cancelled their set for some reason so the other bands got to do extended sets. defeater were absolutely killer, even broke up a fight in the pit and called the asshole kids cowards in front of everyone. Blessthefall (even though i never listen to them) were really really solid and i caught myself jamming out to quite a few of their songs. ABR blew the roof off of the place, i left Amos' soaked in sweat from head to toe, and have some bruised knuckles from hitting a barricade while going crazy during composure. they even ended the show with their rendition of frosty the snowman. it was a great night to be zqglass. stay metal gentlemen.

It's a cross between Jefferson Starship and Black Sabbath. They're on Metal Blade, so it counts!

I was gonna say...she is really putting off the Grace Slick vibe. Sounds like something that would've gone over better in the early 90s.

i'll be seeing the devil wears prada, the ghost inside, and i killed the prom queen in raliegh in late march, and the week before that i'll be seeing august burns red, with born of osiris. MARCH WILL BE THE MONTH OF METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Lacuna Coil will be in Raleigh on May 3rd. Don't have the new album yet, but strongly considering going.

What's Lincoln Theater like? I've never been. Still mourning the loss of Volume 11.

My kid's librarian is more metal than your kid's librarian.

577504_414732948634362_171631490_n.jpg

Parents of preschoolers in Raleigh should check out Mr. Erik Storytimes at the Cameron Village library. Metal fans in Raleigh should check out Demon Eye.

Not sure how I've not been listening to Cradle of Filth all this time. Been listening to Venus Aversa and The Manticore and Other Horrors. Both really good albums. Q

listened to Thrash and bands like Iron Maiden and Pantera while in college. listen to alot of progressive metal these days.
Tool is by far my favorite band. heard of some bands that have been around for a while such as Mastodon, Nevermore and Warlord and been listening to them in the last yr.

as well as bands like Tesseract and went to see them in concert recently.

these bands were part of the opening acts
this dude writes some killer music

8-string guitarist Tosin Abasi from Animals as Leaders explaining and demonstrating a polymetric:

I've been digging this band:

Back