• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mexican President cancels trip to meet with Trump

But good on Mexico for letting us keep something that we earned.

Wait, would we even let the Mexican president into the country? I thought that's why we were building a wall?

Wait a minute. Let me get the logistics of this straight. Keeping aid money that we normally give to Mexico is equivalent to Mexico paying, because for all intents and purposes, that money belongs to Mexico. It that is true, then lowering and cutting taxes for the rich, tax money which for all intents and purposes belongs to the US, is the same thing as...

it's the same logic as govt money funding abortions at planned parenthood

Mexico's version of our Homeland Security Office cancelled their DC meetings, scheduled for today, with our HSO (including with Director Kelly).

If we have a trade war with Mexico will I still be able to get salsa ?

But guys, you do realize it's going to be the most beautiful wall you've ever seen, right? Taxpayers paid for Mt. Rushmore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xSl2YNQ.gif

Trump proposes a 20% tax on Mexican imports to pay for the wall.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/26/...eakingNews&contentID=64842749&pgtype=Homepage
The new tax would be imposed on Mexico as part of a tax overhaul that Mr. Trump intends to pursue with the Republican Congress. Mr. Spicer said the tax initially would apply only to Mexico, but that the president supports imposing a 20 percent tax on all imports.

Mr. Trump would need new legislation to enact such a comprehensive tax on Mexican imports.

The bold is pretty important too.

Can somebody with more economic training than me (i.e. none) tell me what they think the impact of this will really be?

I get that he thinks it will generate the $10B necessary to build the wall, but at what expense (fiscal and otherwise) to the USA?

Can somebody with more economic training than me (i.e. none) tell me what they think the impact of this will really be?

I get that he thinks it will generate the $10B necessary to build the wall, but at what expense (fiscal and otherwise) to the USA?

No one can. People who like trump will say its great. people who don't say it'll fuck us. but no one has any idea.

No one can. People who like trump will say its great. people who don't say it'll fuck us. but no one has any idea.

So Trump feels like it will help us, but there's no economic projection in place that will indicate now whether it's a good or bad idea?

So Trump feels like it will help us, but there's no economic projection in place that will indicate now whether it's a good or bad idea?

Get the 5 best economists in the same room and you'll get 5 different answers #WestWing

Back