• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MIA: WFU TEs

And yet the Grobelemmings continue to march with their Dear Leader toward the inevitable plunge back into total irrelevance. The game has passed him by! 2.3 million dollars is TOO MUCH for this kind of mediocrity!

Stop saying, "we are Wake Forest; what should we expect?" Instead, recognize that we have significant resources--more, in fact, than many teams which outperform us.

I say we "discard" this buffoonery ^

We are not allocating our resources efficiently. Stating that Grobe's inflated salary is a necessity to maintain "success" at Wake Forest is a position of fear. Do you believe that he is the ONLY man who can lead Wake Forest to a ~.500 record over the course of 12 years? Do you really think Grobe is the only fish in the sea? We can do better for 2.3 million dollars. We can get a young, hungry coach and an imaginative group of up and coming assistants.

Which do you support, Wake Forest or Jim Grobe? I'd say the latter.

What are these significant resources we are not using? Grobe is known nationally for doing more with less so I'm curious what your take is. Maybe if you actually made a post that did not center on 2.3 million. Seriously, do you have that phrase hot keyed on your computer or something?

"We are not allocating our resources efficiently."
Such a general statement.
Do you know where other resources? Please explain.

If you are saying that "resources" is just the salary we give Grobe, then you may not know that we pay him that much to keep him here at WFU as compared to going to a bigger, better school. I would love for you to list coaches that could do better. Coaches who are "young, hungry, imaginative" who could do a better job.

It is pretty clear this poster has no intention of making a valuable contribution to the board. He has had some solid arguments along the way (even if you don't agree with him) but the manner he has gone about posting makes it clear he just wants to be a pest.

We are not allocating our resources efficiently. Stating that Grobe's inflated salary is a necessity to maintain "success" at Wake Forest is a position of fear. Do you believe that he is the ONLY man who can lead Wake Forest to a ~.500 record over the course of 12 years? Do you really think Grobe is the only fish in the sea? We can do better for 2.3 million dollars. We can get a young, hungry coach and an imaginative group of up and coming assistants.

Okay I'll bite, I don't know if he's the only coach that can, but I do know he's the only coach that HAS, at least in modern times.

Yeah, we probably could, but how long do you think such a coach would stick around here and not look at it as stepping stone job? It would do the program no good to become labeled as a "temporary" job where coaches come just to get to bigger and better things. What's worse would to be hire "a young and hungry" coach and them fall on their arse and then go out and try to find a replacement. I'll give you one thing OGB, you're a real athletic supporter....
athletic%20supporter%20pic.jpg

He is the only one since Peahead Walker went 77-56-1 from 1937-1950 to do so, so I will say that past performance indicates that Jim Grobe is a very special coach indeed for Wake Forest.

As to your second last claim in the first paragraph, I believe we have that exactly, especially in Coach Himebauch and Coach Galloway. Do you disagree?

Anyway, back to the original thread, I think we are utilizing our 'resource' of ToBo pretty well. We have some good TE's coming in and I think we will use them more when the 'resources' arrive on campus.

We combined the TE/FB position into the H-Back, where T-Bo is first string. That pretty much answers most of the questions I think. Once we get more talent @ the position (which we have coming in), I would expect the TE position to come back.

Question, OldGoldandBlack has 5 red bars and is at A.W. Hamilton status, how many more red bars does he need to get to Jeff [Redacted] status?

Red bars are manna from heaven to me. They're proof that I'm transforming the inbred culture around this football program.

Call me crazy, but I feel like Anthony Rook could get down the field and get open now. He's our Antonio Gates TE. Probably needs to block better.

Zach Gordon - good blocker.

Bishop - almost caught a pass, but that darn UNC guy stepped in and intercepted the pass. What a great play design that was - fooled 'em! woo hoo

The Maryland game [I stayed!). Riley Skinner to John Tereshinski. I will never forget.

In the right corner of the endzone. I stayed as well, and it was beautiful. Man that game was amazing. Also, Wooster was (and is) the man

Not using T-Bo in the backfield to help protect Price and to help block for the RB's continues to baffle me.

basic football: when your OL is weak, your TE must block. hence, the answer to the original premise. as our OL gains confidence we will use the TE more as a receiver.

Not using T-Bo in the backfield to help protect Price and to help block for the RB's continues to baffle me.

We use T-Bo in the backfield all the time. Sometimes I wonder what games y'all are watching. Just because it's not the I-Formation doesn't mean that he isn't blocking.

Back