• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MIA: WFU TEs

This isn't the NFL where you can pay recruits(unless you are UNC). So we have money, yet you complain that we are spending too much on Grobe, and therefore not enough on basketball. Do we have money or don't we. How many kids out there grow up dreaming of playing for Wake? We basically take the left overs in NC after UNC and NC State. In FL, we take the left overs after FSU, Florida, Miami, and other big time schools that go in there. That's not changing any time soon. Yes, we occasionally win those recruiting battles(Noel), but it is rare and we really celebrate those guys.

And our last ACC football title didn't come more than 30 years ago like theirs did.

We don't have enough hot chicks to compete with places like FSU, UF, etc...

If I was a marquee prospect there is zero chance I would go to Wake. I'd pick the school with the hottest girls and the easiest classes.

We don't have enough hot chicks to compete with places like FSU, UF, etc...

If I was a marquee prospect there is zero chance I would go to Wake. I'd pick the school with the hottest girls and the easiest classes.

I always laugh when people on this board say this because pretty much all of us could have gone that route and very few of us did.

I always laugh when people on this board say this because pretty much all of us could have gone that route and very few of us did.

I would say that at least my mindset and the mindset of most athletes are completely different, especially those of the elite athleticism variety.

I went to Wake Forest for a great education (it's a top 30 school). Football players that want to go to the NFL do the same thing in their head, and most of the time that doesn't include Wake Forest. Nothing against them or Wake Forest, they just aren't good fits for the most part.

Back