• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Miami beats Dook!!

sorry...hopped on late. The last play is overly meaningful because it is the only play in the game to which the opposing team can not react. That's my only reason why it should be allowed to be overturned. Every other play or bad call allows for the opposing team to react, adjust or counter.

sorry...hopped on late. The last play is overly meaningful because it is the only play in the game to which the opposing team can not react. That's my only reason why it should be allowed to be overturned. Every other play or bad call allows for the opposing team to react, adjust or counter.

Right but permitting a review of the last play and not any other play means the last play is overly meaningful where I would argue that every play should count the same.

Right but permitting a review of the last play and not any other play means the last play is overly meaningful where I would argue that every play should count the same.

Exactly. Every plays means just as much as another. You can mess up a play in a game in the 1st quarter with game altering effects so to speak, just like you can late in the 4th quarter. Just like a key fumble by a team can be the momentum shifter in a game that has been going one way. It happens unfortunately to anybody who has ever officiated any game on any level. Now the teams just need to move on. Miami has to host UVa this weekend & Duke has to travel to UNC where if they win, they assume control of the Coastal Division.

Exactly. Every plays means just as much as another. You can mess up a play in a game in the 1st quarter with game altering effects so to speak, just like you can late in the 4th quarter. Just like a key fumble by a team can be the momentum shifter in a game that has been going one way. It happens unfortunately to anybody who has ever officiated any game on any level. Now the teams just need to move on. Miami has to host UVa this weekend & Duke has to travel to UNC where if they win, they assume control of the Coastal Division.

but the teams have the opportunity to still impact a messed up play at any other time in the game except the last play. That makes the last play more meaningful in and of itself

Why don't you set an example for them and MOVE ON.

Back