• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Miami game thread

As heartbreaking as it was to watch, I can't be mad. We took Miami to the last minute on their home field. Great effort by our team and our coaches. Even without the win, I hope they get a huge confidence boost out of this game.

Move the ball in the second half, get in the end zone, and suddenly Duke isn't a problem.

As heartbreaking as it was to watch, I can't be mad. We took Miami to the last minute on their home field. Great effort by our team and our coaches. Even without the win, I hope they get a huge confidence boost out of this game.

Screw that, I hope it pisses them off so much they go up to Cuse and kick some tail!!!

Move the ball in the second half, get in the end zone, and suddenly Duke isn't a problem.

Yep. Can't expect to beat Miami with 21 points.

Yep. Can't expect to beat Miami with 21 points.

Missed FG and being content to sit on 14-10 lead at half. I guess we should never be surprised when Grobe does that but I really was after the State game, where we went down in the same situation and got the TD after State had just scored.

The drops by the receivers on our last drive of the first half really, really hurt. If we make those catches we likely get a first down or two and prevent them from scoring their TD at the end of the half. Going into half up 14-3 instead of 14-10 would have been nice...

After ULM and Clemson, I would have bet the house that UM beat us by 30-40 at least.

The team and staff have improved beyond anything I thought possible given the way we looked at the beginning of the season. We have a shot at making a bowl game, perhaps a long shot but a shot. That seemed unthinkable just a few weeks ago.

FSU 28. NCSU 0. 6 minutes to go in the first quarter. NCSU has 11 yards of offense, no first downs, and a fumble.

I'm sorry, but FSU is the best football team in the country.

After ULM and Clemson, I would have bet the house that UM beat us by 30-40 at least.

The team and staff have improved beyond anything I thought possible given the way we looked at the beginning of the season. We have a shot at making a bowl game, perhaps a long shot but a shot. That seemed unthinkable just a few weeks ago.

$2.5M/year and still getting better. Hell yeah!

BC and ULM we can blame on Jim's knotheadedness. He couldn't see that his plan wasn't ever going to work. Clemson did to us what FSU did to them. But this game shows the limitation of the program. No depth on defense, an avg QB and WR's and no running scheme that works. I wanted this win because we won't play the u til 2020, and we would have had 7 years of bragging rights on the recruiting trail.

Duke will be leading VATech at half. Ugh. I wanted Duke to get crushed. They finished the half with a 53 yd. fg.

going to be 42-0 at half.

The big problem is that they will need to try to do the same to us.

FSU 28. NCSU 0. 6 minutes to go in the first quarter. NCSU has 11 yards of offense, no first downs, and a fumble.

I'm sorry, but FSU is the best football team in the country.

Alabama says hello. They are doing the same thing to a real team, not a weak NCSU team.

Back