• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Miami Game Thread

At least Ron is feeling pressure from someone. And I'm guessing this someone won't be okay with an uninspiring hire.

could the $ difference be that great between now and a week from now? seems pretty miserly. then again, if they're going to apply the savings to an offer for a real coach, it's worth it

Haha, when the reporter asks about the progress Buzz sees between last year and this year, Buzz can't even come up with an answer. Just some BS about mental toughness/maturity yada yada. There is zero progress going on.

Only the entire objective basketball world agrees that Wake has improved this year. Grow up.

-DCDeac neg-rep on March 8, 2014.

Buzz is not getting fired or resigning before the team's season is over. It would be financial idiocy to terminate him before the season concludes b/c you trigger a buyout requirement that will not be there a week from now. Let's give these silly rumors a rest.

could the $ difference be that great between now and a week from now? seems pretty miserly. then again, if they're going to apply the savings to an offer for a real coach, it's worth it

I wondered, if the buyout is scaled down by "years remaining on contract," if perhaps the season "ticks down" at the conclusion if each season. Like if he were fired today if he'd technically have two years left on his deal, but if he were fired the day after the season ends it would only be one year left. This giving him a lower buyout. Or something technical like that.
Edit: yeah what inspectah said was what I was wondering.

My initial impression was he was blaming it on being senior day. You know, it's tough playing away on senior day. Like playing on Tuesdays.

I will not miss this man. I had a soft spot in my heart for Staak because he was a nice guy. Bzz, not so much.

I would love to see Buzzz be honest.

"I don't know why we can't win on the road, but it must have something to do with my coaching. Have you seen my record? 3-59 in the conference over 7 years? It's like I am stealing money."

I actually never disliked Staak either. In fact, he earned my respect because he was a donk but still chased tail.

Hatch is a fool.
What's the procedure for removing a university president? Asking for a friend.

My initial impression was he was blaming it on being senior day. You know, it's tough playing away on senior day. Like playing on Tuesdays.

I will not miss this man. I had a soft spot in my heart for Staak because he was a nice guy. Bzz, not so much.

I wonder if he uses senior day to explain why Duke lost on Wednesday.

You have got to respect the man for referencing both Greg McClinton's injury and youth as contributing factors to the loss.

At least Ron is feeling pressure from someone. And I'm guessing this someone won't be okay with an uninspiring hire.

Hopefully there is also pressure for him to go ahead & retire! Basically since he has done such a lackluster job as our AD

Back