• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Miami Game Thread

wake wins football and bball NC, palma gets laid, RJ gets spellcheck and lectro never posts ever again

Does this guy look scared to you? He looks ready to strap it on to me. Get ready Irish, a buzzard is lurking.

Just to be clear, Bz just blamed the loss at Miami (and Wake's road woes in general) on a lack of 'mental toughness'. He uses that term twice and 'maturity' once while twice citing the 9 freshman and sophomores on his team.

Those youngins are just lacking the maturity lessons the 61-year old Bz taught his guys the LAST TIME he was in Miami... losing by 18 and screaming "fuck you" at a fan.

I really can't believe this shit continues to go on.

So I was told a week or so ago that there was a point during the last few games where serious consideration was being given to fire Bz and have Battle finish out the season as interim HC.

There was some BIG pressure to make an immediate change...in the end, Wellman was able to make a case about the $$ it would cost the school and he won.

Haven't been able to verify if this is 100% accurate...maybe someone else heard something similar?

From about the 2:30 mark on, it looks like he really wants to say,"Why the fuck are we even doing this. I'm gone. You guys know I'm gone. The players know I'm gone. Let's end this fucking charade."

He didn't accept responsibility for a single thing. And you can tell he doesn't even believe his own bullshit anymore.

So I was told a week or so ago that there was a point during the last few games where serious consideration was being given to fire Bz and have Battle finish out the season as interim HC.

There was some BIG pressure to make an immediate change...in the end, Wellman was able to make a case about the $$ it would cost the school and he won.

Haven't been able to verify if this is 100% accurate...maybe someone else heard something similar?
Just amazing that Wellman still has a job here

Thanks for posting that presser. He looks so done. Please ron do not fuck this up

That's interesting. Is there that big a difference between Bz's midseason buyout and his offseason one?

Does this guy look scared to you? He looks ready to strap it on to me. Get ready Irish, a buzzard is lurking.

Haha, when the reporter asks about the progress Buzz sees between last year and this year, Buzz can't even come up with an answer. Just some BS about mental toughness/maturity yada yada. There is zero progress going on.

I'm really curious: Where was the pressure coming from? BOT? Hatch? Big donors?

If it would cost us more on our buyout to fire Bzzzz in the middle of the season, then it was absolutely the right call.

This season is toast regardless.

re: hatch and some bots not giving a shit: the saddest thing i've read in some time. why do we even bother?:(

I would guess that if you 'fire' him in season there is no negotiating the final terms. At the end of the season Bzz could 'resign' and for that take a lower buy out. Of course there could be terms in the contract as well. Just speculating.

Back