• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Michelle Obama gets into a scrap with Republicans

once again playing with monopoly money. Since public school districts are flush with cash I can't wait to see kale shakes and kiwi slices on my kids lunch plate.

Good idea, but who is footing the bill?

I assume the OP is sarcasm, given the First Lady's booty meat. Headline should have been "First Lady fights to waste more free school lunches." In days gone by, when you could encourage kids to eat what was on their plates and let them go hungry if they refused, dictating the menu might have worked. Today, it just causes outrageous waste as the kids dump that food into the trash can. They can get all the high fat, high sugar foods they want with their EBT cards.

Miss Michelle thinks it's Washington's business to tell local school districts what to put on the lunch menu. Is anything off limits to these people?

That's a rhetorical question.

It's an insane question. My bad Devil thinks catsup should be considered a vegetable for school children. Let's just feed kids all fat and sweets. That will be cheap.

My bad actually healthy food costs less now and when they grow up. But there's no sense teaching children about healthy eating.

It's astonishing how totally fucking crazy the RW fringe has been since 2008.

I think they should offer healthy food and nothing else personally. But at least want the option for poor kids to eat healthy for one meal a day if their parents won't cook healthy food at home.

Healthy school lunches allows kids to pay attention in class, which helps them learn, which helps them get a better job when they're older and not roaming the streets playing the knockout game on old white people.

Miss Michelle thinks it's Washington's business to tell local school districts what to put on the lunch menu. Is anything off limits to these people?

That's a rhetorical question.

yeah, well, they obviously need someone to tell them, and a fit mother of two who doesn't live off big-gulps and velveeta isn't so bad. :noidea: Have you people seen yourselves? You're disgusting

I assume the OP is sarcasm, given the First Lady's booty meat. Headline should have been "First Lady fights to waste more free school lunches." In days gone by, when you could encourage kids to eat what was on their plates and let them go hungry if they refused, dictating the menu might have worked. Today, it just causes outrageous waste as the kids dump that food into the trash can. They can get all the high fat, high sugar foods they want with their EBT cards.

No, its not sarcasm. It's Wrangor's occasional visit to reality.

Your post is stupid, btw.

Parents are pissed about the healthy (well, healthier) foods being served in schools. I hear parents bitch about it all the time because their kids won't eat it...which just tells me the parents are feeding them crap at home. The whole point is making good eating habits early in life so they'll carry on into adulthood. If junior won't eat anything but macaroni and pizza, that's a you problem.

Parents are the absolute fucking worst. I mean, I'm sure you all are great parents...but in general parents are lazy dipshits who will feed the kid whatever he will eat and sit him in front of spongebob for 9 hours a day because it'll keep him quiet.

To piggyback on the parenting issue, I wonder if part of the issue here is that it's too late by the time kids reach school age. If a child has been eating shit from the time they could chew and swallow solid food, then they're not suddenly going to eat brussels sprouts while at school. They'd rather go hungry for a few hours until they can get home and stuff their pie holes with junk food.

Pretty much. They can go to the vending machines and get some chips, honey buns, and a Coke.

Is it the responsibility of the school lunch program to feed students or offer healthy options? That's the question.

i think its just a simple fact that KIDS DONT EAT VEGTABLES FOR FUN! i eat great, cut out soda, fast food, etc and enjoy eating good stuff now over junk because i dont want to feel like crap

growing up i would kill for that rectangle shaped pizza, milk box, and applesauce for lunch. Michelle has 2 daughters, if she sits and tells us they ate a balanced diet growing up shes full of it because kids are kids and we should let that be

Never understood why kids don't get a grade for lunch. Figure that into the gpa and see how quick a lot of these folks change their tune on healthy foods.

Last edited:
Never understood why kids don't get a grade for lunch. Figure that into the gpa and see how quick a lot of these folks change their tune on healthy foods.

Damn. That's actually a good idea. Make lunch part of health class.

Pretty much. They can go to the vending machines and get some chips, honey buns, and a Coke.

Is it the responsibility of the school lunch program to feed students or offer healthy options? That's the question.

I know a lot of schools have banned vending machines for that exact reason.

i think its just a simple fact that KIDS DONT EAT VEGTABLES FOR FUN! i eat great, cut out soda, fast food, etc and enjoy eating good stuff now over junk because i dont want to feel like crap

growing up i would kill for that rectangle shaped pizza, milk box, and applesauce for lunch. Michelle has 2 daughters, if she sits and tells us they ate a balanced diet growing up shes full of it because kids are kids and we should let that be

Nope. The kids are kids let them be line is complete bullshit. Feed them properly and they will eat properly. If you just let them be, you're a shitty parent. Be better.

I've always found the ire of the party of personal responsibility directed against school lunches that are designed to promote personal responsibility for kids to be bizarre.

Back