• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Michelle Obama gets into a scrap with Republicans

Promoting personal responsibility is cheating. What part of bootstraps don't you understand?

You know how these people want the country.....Eat shit, get fat, get diseases use a health care system called the Emergency Room that cost tax payer's money!

The level of hatred of even Michelle Obama is astonishing. Even seemingly intelligent people here can rationalize excuses to hate her. All she's trying to do is help kids be healthier.

The same hate-filled, vitriolic assholes tried to come up with ways to attack her for her stance on sixty minutes of exercise per day for kids.

These are such radical and communistic concepts. Who besides nanny-state communistic would want to encourage kids to play outside rather than sit on their asses playing video games or texting? Who want kids to develop good eating habits early in life other than health masters?

If you guys had any class or shame, I'd ask how you lost it. But hate has no rationality or bounds. Your Pavlovian responses to hearing the word "Obama" turns each of you into raving, hate-filled lunatics. It's pathetic.

Re: Michelle Obama

hippo_id_hit_it_gif.gif

The level of hatred of even Michelle Obama is astonishing. Even seemingly intelligent people here can rationalize excuses to hate her. All she's trying to do is help kids be healthier.

The same hate-filled, vitriolic assholes tried to come up with ways to attack her for her stance on sixty minutes of exercise per day for kids.

These are such radical and communistic concepts. Who besides nanny-state communistic would want to encourage kids to play outside rather than sit on their asses playing video games or texting? Who want kids to develop good eating habits early in life other than health masters?

If you guys had any class or shame, I'd ask how you lost it. But hate has no rationality or bounds. Your Pavlovian responses to hearing the word "Obama" turns each of you into raving, hate-filled lunatics. It's pathetic.

I don't think anybody is attacking the First Lady because of her good intentions. When she turns those good intentions into dictates backed up by government force is where the problem comes in. Not everybody wants to eat (or is necessarily helped by) the diet Ms. Obama would like them to eat. As long as she makes it her personal recommendation, I certainly have no problem with it. But if she forces school districts to waste resources on food that children just don't want to eat, then I do see a problem. Just because something is good does not mean it is a good thing to force onto someone else.

The Obamas could come out advocating for breathing oxygen and some of you guys would say "NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO BREATHE THAT AIR."

Different people are helped most by different foods. Nobody is helped too much by throwing stuff into the trashcan.

Healthy school lunches allows kids to pay attention in class, which helps them learn, which helps them get a better job when they're older and not roaming the streets playing the knockout game on old white people.

Oh and keeps health costs down.

I for one welcome a refreshing change towards asking people to take personal responsibility for their choices. More of this, please.

I assume the OP is sarcasm, given the First Lady's booty meat. Headline should have been "First Lady fights to waste more free school lunches." In days gone by, when you could encourage kids to eat what was on their plates and let them go hungry if they refused, dictating the menu might have worked. Today, it just causes outrageous waste as the kids dump that food into the trash can. They can get all the high fat, high sugar foods they want with their EBT cards.

Miss Michelle thinks it's Washington's business to tell local school districts what to put on the lunch menu. Is anything off limits to these people?

That's a rhetorical question.

oh good the brain trust chimed in early

Different people are helped most by different foods. Nobody is helped too much by throwing stuff into the trashcan.

Hey I think little TJCMD is better served by stuffing his fat face with hostess cakes. No argument here.

I don't think anybody is attacking the First Lady because of her good intentions. When she turns those good intentions into dictates backed up by government force is where the problem comes in. Not everybody wants to eat (or is necessarily helped by) the diet Ms. Obama would like them to eat. As long as she makes it her personal recommendation, I certainly have no problem with it. But if she forces school districts to waste resources on food that children just don't want to eat, then I do see a problem. Just because something is good does not mean it is a good thing to force onto someone else.

I assume people who share this point of view are consistent with their message when it comes to work and/or drug testing requirements for government assistance?

You're right let's let kids decide what they want to eat. Let's let them set the standards.

I do want to thank you. Every time I don't think you can come up with a dumber post than your last one you prove me wrong.

You're right let's let kids decide what they want to eat. Let's let them set the standards.

I do want to thank you. Every time I don't think you can come up with a dumber post than your last one you prove me wrong.

Why don't we let the parents and the local school boards decide that instead of idiots like you?

Back