• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Midterm election predictions

Who will win Congress?

• Dems retain House & Senate

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Dems win House / Pubs win Senate

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Pubs win House / Dems win Senate

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Pubs win House & Senate

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
why do you lie

2d965f249828fc7c9d3fc9db7344535c.jpg

who knew California was a big state! Prices in the city are a wee bit higher than those in Riverside.

We sort of need high gas prices in order to help facilitate the move away from internal combustion personal vehicles and fossil fuels generally...? And of course taxes help pay for decent roads (hopefully). But this concern highlights the political challenges.

Driving over the border from NC into SC I can usually laugh at SC because the lack of gas tax money is clearly obvious based on the quality of the roads. PA is a weird outlier in this relationship because PennDOT is consistently ass.
didn't SC raise the gas tax recently? I feel like the difference is not nearly as sharp as it used to be.

We sort of need high gas prices in order to help facilitate the move away from internal combustion personal vehicles and fossil fuels generally...? And of course taxes help pay for decent roads (hopefully). But this concern highlights the political challenges.
Well it turns out all the trillions of dollars spent trying to reduce fossil fuel emissions was a giant waste of time and effort and had we instead just bought a few hundred gas powered weedwackers and cleaned out some wildfire brush we'd be in the exact same place we are now emissions wise, but with a few trillion more dollars and a still functioning democracy.

didn't SC raise the gas tax recently? I feel like the difference is not nearly as sharp as it used to be.
Actually I think they might have. I'm just so used to shitting on the roads in SC at this point.

Driving over the border from NC into SC I can usually laugh at SC because the lack of gas tax money is clearly obvious based on the quality of the roads. PA is a weird outlier in this relationship because PennDOT is consistently ass.

On SC interstates right now and they all suck. 77, 26, 95… all suck.

Too few lanes and the condition is poor. The US government should force a minimum level on them.

My kids are taking a practice EOC and are all staring at me laughing hysterically at palma posting a picture from his phone of his computer onto the boards.

Back