• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Midterm election predictions

Who will win Congress?

• Dems retain House & Senate

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Dems win House / Pubs win Senate

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Pubs win House / Dems win Senate

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Pubs win House & Senate

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think economy and inflation are much more in the forefront of people's minds then the repeal of Roe v. Wade, January 6th, and the classified documents. While the latter are bad things, people are much more upset about the former.

yeah, kinda crazy how quickly no one's talking about Roe

I think economy and inflation are much more in the forefront of people's minds than the repeal of Roe v. Wade, January 6th, and the classified documents. While the latter are bad things, people are much more upset about the former.

Because of…headlines and social media bots…?

Partly anyway, probably.

It's going to be a whuppin and the number 1 issue on exit polling will be inflation instead of Roe.

I'll be interested in seeing how women break down on Roe. Should be a slam dunk issue for them, but sadly I think we will all be pretty shocked/disgusted just how much it didn't matter.

I look forward to the solid Republican plan bringing down inflation, just like how the governor of Virginia lowered gas prices!

Any pickups in either chamber will be small and subject to reversal in 2 years. Now if the pubs somehow picked up 4-5 senate 25+ in the house that would be both a bloodbath dems and give pubs some wiggle room in the next cycle.

Sadly I've got agree with most on here. Abortion seems to have faded as an important issue and it just seems like every indicator is now predicting a red-wave sweep. What's really bad is that now that it's clear that Republicans can be as extreme as they want and still win elections and congressional majorities, they're almost certain to go after LGBTQ rights, contraceptive rights, and Lord knows what else in the future. I can't wait until the new GOP congressional majorities next year pass a national abortion ban after promising they wouldn't in many states. Of course Biden can veto whatever they pass, but at this point it seems like we're all just marking time until the GOP finally regains control of all 3 branches and we just become a real-life Gilead.

I get why inflation is at the front of people's minds, they get reminded of it every time they shop for groceries or drive by a gas station. Not sure what people think a Republican congress will do without the help of the president. Unfortunately, it's too easy for people to dismiss the impact of Dobbs if they are not close to anyone threatened by it.

Think (hope) Fetterman holds on, but Dems lose one of GA/NV/AZ. Carville goes on TV and blames "pronouns in bio" people, and we're told that we should listen to him..

Sadly I've got agree with most on here. Abortion seems to have faded as an important issue and it just seems like every indicator is now predicting a red-wave sweep. What's really bad is that now that it's clear that Republicans can be as extreme as they want and still win elections and congressional majorities, they're almost certain to go after LGBTQ rights, contraceptive rights, and Lord knows what else in the future. I can't wait until the new GOP congressional majorities next year pass a national abortion ban after promising they wouldn't in many states. Of course Biden can veto whatever they pass, but at this point it seems like we're all just marking time until the GOP finally regains control of all 3 branches and we just become a real-life Gilead.
It's more than that. It's not that they can go hard right, but that they must go hard right. Most of these districts are only vulnerable from the right flank in the primary. They need to go to the extreme or they won't get reelected.

I get why inflation is at the front of people's minds, they get reminded of it every time they shop for groceries or drive by a gas station. Not sure what people think a Republican congress will do without the help of the president. Unfortunately, it's too easy for people to dismiss the impact of Dobbs if they are not close to anyone threatened by it.

Think (hope) Fetterman holds on, but Dems lose one of GA/NV/AZ. Carville goes on TV and blames "pronouns in bio" people, and we're told that we should listen to him..

This seems accurate

Complaining about the two-party system is a lazy take unless you're also complaining about needing a majority of people to support something.

The more likely change to US politics isn't a multi-party system, it's a one-party system.

They don't know what Republicans will do to improve it. What they do know is the impact to their own wallet over the last year, and pointing out that the opponent will just do worse so far has not been an effective campaign tactic.

I think Fetterman loses, Warnock loses, Lake wins. And good lord is Lake a mess. She immediately supplants MTG and Boebert as queen troll of Republican Mountain.

Back