• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Midterm election predictions

Who will win Congress?

• Dems retain House & Senate

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Dems win House / Pubs win Senate

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Pubs win House / Dems win Senate

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Pubs win House & Senate

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Juice, being down on the current status quo is fine. But it's lazy to reduce the status quo to "two-party system" without accounting for all the other factors that make up the status quo. The American historical context is the background for what we have and what we will have. You can't ignore that and just claim a multiparty system will solve it.

I don't know what to think about your last sentence. I'm doing the opposite. I'm pointing out what is unique about American politics and American history and criticizing the idea that you can just shoehorn other forms of government into it.

AnxiousSilentBlackfootedferret-size_restricted.gif

Doesn't matter. It will just get challenged up to the USSC again and then the logic will shift from "its a state thing" to some other bullshit. I honestly think the abortion ship has sailed until the makeup of the court changes, or an amendment can be passed which is impossible anymore.

Doesn't matter. It will just get challenged up to the USSC again and then the logic will shift from "its a state thing" to some other bullshit. I honestly think the abortion ship has sailed until the makeup of the court changes, or an amendment can be passed which is impossible anymore.
In theory, that same Congress would have more voted to expand the court. In practice, I don't trust them to follow through on either codifying Roe or court expansion.

I hadn't considered that, but it seems the only way Roe is codified permanently is in conjunction with court packing.

Seems like a bad sign if Biden is going to NY on Sun for a rally

Maybe it's a good thing. Got to get news coverage (But I say that as a right winger compared to the crowd here)

I’ve been wanting to study this but I think there’s some p(oll) hacking going on this cycle
I expect both sides are doing this to drum up donations and also keep hope alive so their voters actually go and vote. Mostly to drum up donations.

It’s all part of a plan to delegitimize Democrat wins. They if Dems outperform these polls, Republicans can say “but the polls!!!!”

I expect both sides are doing this to drum up donations and also keep hope alive so their voters actually go and vote. Mostly to drum up donations.
Regardless of the motive, it's all pretty gross. Political elections shouldn't be sports, but here we are...

FgziOWAXkAAoln9.jpeg

FgziOWDXEAEiNLT.jpeg

Why is President Biden stumping in a state that is an easy win (CA) taking a position on an issue that could piss off voters in a pivotal state (PA) only days before a very tight election? Obviously won't matter for WV, but has to register in PA.

View attachment 1847

View attachment 1848

Why is President Biden stumping in a state that is an easy win (CA) taking a position on an issue that could piss off voters in a pivotal state (PA) only days before a very tight election? Obviously won't matter for WV, but has to register in PA.

Because some of those CA districts are swing districts, and some of them might be on fire due to climate change? Perhaps he could have phrased it better, but I'm more worried about what Manchin thinks "learn a lesson" entails.

Back