• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Midterm election predictions

Who will win Congress?

• Dems retain House & Senate

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Dems win House / Pubs win Senate

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Pubs win House / Dems win Senate

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Pubs win House & Senate

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fuck Manchin. God damn it’s days before the election and your piece of shit state doesn’t matter this go round.
He’s lining up his party switch after the Pubs take the Senate. If not he’s toast in ‘24 and even if he switches will still likely be primaried.

Because some of those CA districts are swing districts, and some of them might be on fire due to climate change? Perhaps he could have phrased it better, but I'm more worried about what Manchin thinks "learn a lesson" entails.
Well I assume it entails Jill Biden taking a hammer to the head.

According to CNN, the issues are a. messaging and b. "the top of the ticket."

It's looking way too close to call in several states, but in general, the economy is the issue that matters (duh).

Not important to voters at all: 1. January 6 or some philosophical discussions about democracy being at stake. 2. Trump. So, people have moved on from 1 and 2 for now I guess???

Important to voters: 1. the economy/40 year high inflation/prices/gas prices/groceries as well as 2. crime and 3. the border.

It's just all bad, and not sure how electing republicans or a dude like Oz, is going to fix things. Those options in PA don't look great, is there an independent candidate this year?

Funny how the "top" issues all seem to be the ones Republicans are talking about

It’s almost like having a dedicated propaganda channel pays off.

Inflation a problem, but dumb as shit that you think a governor will do anything about it, let alone congress when it’s a global problem.

Crime has been shown over and over again to be no different yet apparently I can’t leave my house without a high chance of being a victim.

The border never gets solved and trotted out every damn election, especially in a bunch of states that don’t have an international border and in places that immigrants don’t congregate.

Interesting article on the Chen v. Steel congressional race in CA

Jay Chen is a Dem Taiwanese American born and raised in the US. Went to Harvard and served in the Navy as a Lieutenant Commander. He continues to serve in the Reserves.

Michelle Steele is a Pub and a Korean born naturalized US Citizen who married a Republican strategist.

This District in Orange County, CA has a large Asian population, and Steel's campaign strategy has centered around labeling Chen as a communist who is beholden to the Chinese government. The accusation is insane on its face as Chen's parents left Taiwan to because of fears of China influence, and that as part of his service in the Navy, Chen helped keep the Taiwan Straight free and open from China's attempts to blockade Taiwan. Essentially, Chen's entire life has been spent fleeing from and challenging Chinese influence. Yet, Steel's strategy apparently has snookered many voters.

The basis for Steel's accusations against Chen are because he supported teaching Chinese (the language) in local schools. Steel supporters distribute flyers with pictures of Chen cropped with hated communist leaders. As sad and misguided as the accusations are, they have traction because the Asian community in the District (which includes many Vietnamese) harbor generational hatred for communist influence in Asia (also Chen is common Chinese name, and most apparently choose to ignore that Jay Chen is Taiwanese and not Chinese). Really is such a depressing election snap shot as another race may decided by massive lie.

Last edited:
I have no idea who will win what. My guess, Pubs House, Dems Senate.
What I do know is if Herschel Walker wins in Georgia, the remaining faith I have in our political process (hovering around 5%) will be flushed totally down the toilet.

Start flushing. I'm pretty convinced that oatmeal for brains Walker is going to win.

According to CNN, the issues are a. messaging and b. "the top of the ticket."

It's looking way too close to call in several states, but in general, the economy is the issue that matters (duh).

Not important to voters at all: 1. January 6 or some philosophical discussions about democracy being at stake. 2. Trump. So, people have moved on from 1 and 2 for now I guess???

Important to voters: 1. the economy/40 year high inflation/prices/gas prices/groceries as well as 2. crime and 3. the border.

It's just all bad, and not sure how electing republicans or a dude like Oz, is going to fix things. Those options in PA don't look great, is there an independent candidate this year?

Why would any voter give a fuck about January 6th when voting in this election? Those morons are being dealt with and justice will be served. You really expect Americans to care about an event two years ago more so that the current economic crisis that is crippling much of the country?

I see it 52-48 when it’s all said an done tomorrow night/Wednesday morning

January 6 is one event in an ongoing effort to undermine democracy.

If Republicans have their way, what voters care about won’t matter at all.

Because Republicans shouldn’t be in control during the next presidential certification

Yes, why would a violent attempt to overturn the election results, with the tacit support of Republican officials and the President, matter to people participating in a democracy. Wild. I'm paying 5 cents more a gallon than I was 10 years ago though...so who gives a shit.

Why would any voter give a fuck about January 6th when voting in this election? Those morons are being dealt with and justice will be served. You really expect Americans to care about an event two years ago more so that the current economic crisis that is crippling much of the country?

I see it 52-48 when it’s all said an done tomorrow night/Wednesday morning
The narrative is undermining democracy as PH says. That's the issue. Biden went on about it again yesterday. And that's not resonating.

So yeah you're right.

I don't understand the split tickets in this day and age. Like how are both Kari Lake and Mark Kelly predicted to win? And Kemp should sail in GA and maybe Warnock wins? Fucking rubes all over the place.

Back