• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mike Buddie (Assoc AD) Leaving for Furman AD Opening

makes sense. living in W-S would lead people to think SC>NC.

Why does everyone keep talking about Currie? He already has a better job than the Wake Forest job

Also, IMO Mike Buddie would be a very good AD at Wake

Currie is a former Wake grad and has been in the business since he left school. I think he's done an admirable job while at K-State, and had success at Tennessee.

I think Currie has done a great job of creating his brand and establishing himself amongst some of the other ADs around the country. He's on a short list for the CFP/Selection committees in the near future. He's a name, has a strong brand, and is a Deacon. Whether he would take the job or not is entirely another question, he should be the first call.

Last edited:
Why is K State a better job than Wake? Wellman makes 300k more than Curie and Winston >>>> Manhattan KS.

Greenville is like the meh chick who hangs out with ugly chicks to make herself look hot. When you are surrounded by Florence, Spartanburg, Gafney, and Culombia it is going to make you seem a lot more attractive than you actually are.

Greenville is like the meh chick who hangs out with ugly chicks to make herself look hot. When you are surrounded by Florence, Spartanburg, Gafney, and Culombia it is going to make you seem a lot more attractive than you actually are.

Hey partner, look at the crap you are surrounded by in the dash: Clemmons, Kernersville, Lexington, Mocksville, High Point, & then the king daddy G' boro. All towns you could not pay me to visit. Currie would take Greenville in a second over that mess especially with the crap we have cooking here and the job is not even open.

On that note since you post as catamount, there is absolutely nothing in Cullowhee, NC compared to Furman/Greenville.

Bottom line if offered, take the job as a stepping stone.

I think some of you don't understand how to read a map with what you say are surrounding towns.

went to school there from 1990-1994. lived there from 1998-2002. currently have a client there so spend monday-thursday in W-S. been doing that since november.

you?

Greenville is a business dynamo with BMW and Michelin both with major presences. Politics are probusiness and conservative. Furman is weirdly disconnected from its hometown, like Wake-Winston in the 60s. Lots of orange around Greenville. Ever been to a Furman football game? Pretty surroundings but think high school 4A.

Wellman did some good things for Wake in the early part of his tenure as AD. Much of it has been facilities related - Deacon Tower, other stadium improvements and renovation, buying Ernie Shore, buying the Joel- and fund raising for major projects.

Much of that changed about the time Hatch replaced Hearn. Coincidence or cause and effect, or some of both?

I think you've got your timeline a bit confused.

Been here over 30 years and have done extensive business for over 20 in the upstate on a very regular basis , and still do. If you haven't lived here since 2002, you know virtually nothing about what Winston-Salem is today

Apparently this is a done deal, I was just told by someone (a close relative) involved with the Furman athletic department.

On a side note, Greenville is a pretty nice place all told. My wife lived there for almost 2 years while we were dating so I've probably spent 50 weekends in Greenville. Sure there are still some shitty places (just like W-S), but you can avoid them. I would say Greenville and W-S are pretty similar cities, except Greenville is a bit smaller.

Last edited:
Apparently this is a done deal, I was just told by someone involved with the Furman athletic department.

On a side note, Greenville is a pretty nice place all told. My wife lived there for almost 2 years while we were dating so I've probably spent 50 weekends in Greenville. Sure there are still some shitty places (just like W-S), but you can avoid them. I would say Greenville and W-S are pretty similar cities, except Greenville is a bit smaller.

#sources

seriously though you can't blame a guy for wanting out of the ron wellman dictatorship. anyone left to oppose ronnie?

Back