• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mike Leach

Hate that this didn’t have a happy ending. Given his personality, I was looking forward to some interviews about this ordeal. He is a CFB legend.

Hate that this didn’t have a happy ending. Given his personality, I was looking forward to some interviews about this ordeal. He is a CFB legend.
The guys on ESPNU were saying the same thing if he pulled through. They said Leach would probably make some cynical comments about all the nice things people were saying and posting about him.

Let’s also not forget that we have Currie because of Leach.

man, this sucks. was such an awesome personality.
RIP, Coach

This is great too. There are tons of great stories pouring out about him and especially his kindness to strangers. I’d take a moment to scroll r/CFB from over the last few days if you want to see most of them in a single place.

Sorry to see this about such a likeable guy.

Mississippi State will hopefully learn from our error on this. Gaudio was awesome. But Wellman never embraced him and dumped him at the first chance. We should have just moved on altogether and started fresh. Gaudio would likely still be a head coach somewhere else thriving. And we wouldn't still be haunted by the whole situation. All these years later it still hurts us. In my view miss state should mourn and mourn. And then after the Bowl game go a whole different direction with their program.

I worked in a cardiac cath lab for a dozen years. Predictive medicine is a good indicator, but not 100% accurate. However, it's one of the best options we have.

I can't tell you the number of conversations I had with patients who came in with massive MIs who just recently had a negative stress test and/or CT, and others who had surgically indicated disease via CT, only to have clean cors. The only true way to know is a cardiac catheterization, which regular testing isn't feasible nor good for the kidneys.
I had a catherization 6 years ago which showed mild CAD. I would like to get another one, but my cardiologist says it’s takes an abnormal stress/echo to get a referral.

Immediately following someone’s death is definitely a very appropriate time to talk about their next coaching hire. What an asshole. Par for the course though.

Sorry to see this about such a likeable guy.

Mississippi State will hopefully learn from our error on this. Gaudio was awesome. But Wellman never embraced him and dumped him at the first chance. We should have just moved on altogether and started fresh. Gaudio would likely still be a head coach somewhere else thriving. And we wouldn't still be haunted by the whole situation. All these years later it still hurts us. In my view miss state should mourn and mourn. And then after the Bowl game go a whole different direction with their program.
What a stupid and inappropriate post, geez!

Back