• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mod fight on DeaconSports Premium!

It is funny people are ripping on FTDC (of whom I am not a huge fan) for the comm. college thing.

Just as a hypothetical, which would be worse: starting out at a community college, getting into Wake, and remaining in good standing (did FTDC graduate or is he still in school?); or getting into Wake out of high school because one's dad works there, not being able to hack it and quitting, then getting a degree from a glorified CC like UNCC or somewhere? It's a toughie and I'm not sure there's a clear answer.

Are you serious? What FTDC did/is doing is better.

Fucking Hell. All of y'all just shut the fuck up.

Why you no play?

x2rxfo.jpg

I respect Chin for coming to Wake the way he did. He earned his way to MSD, no doubt.

But his posts tend to hurt my brain.

Oh, I agree; I was just being a tad facetious. Purely a hypothetical, mind, but yes, it seems odd that of all the completely justified boards related things to burn FTDC on people are choosing that. CULTURE!

The only reason it's an issue is because of how poor his argumentation skills are. His posts make people Facepalm and subsequently seek the easiest potshot to dismiss him.

The only reason it's an issue is because of how poor his argumentation skills are. His posts make people Facepalm and subsequently seek the easiest potshot to dismiss him.

There has to be an explanation for why his posts are so horrible, and since the most obvious difference between Wake grads and him is he first went to CC, it's the lowest common denominator.

Also, awesome tags on this thread.

Word.

Kinda seems like Bz thing to do though. Taking the easy way out and just dismissing him by throwing him under the bus for a fake academic issue even if he is frustrating as hell, and all that.

Dammit, where's my aviator?

Word.

Kinda seems like Bz thing to do though. Taking the easy way out and just dismissing him by throwing him under the bus for a fake academic issue even if he is frustrating as hell, and all that.

dumbass you have a profile image

you need to save it to avatar image as well

Word.

The sky.

Holy crap this thread blew up from like 3 hours ago.

Anyone care to summarize? Highlights? Lowlights? Dumb things Waldo says? etc.

There has to be an explanation for why his posts are so horrible, and since the most obvious difference between Wake grads and him is he first went to CC, it's the lowest common denominator.

Also, awesome tags on this thread.

Cool, well if by random coincidence it comes to light that some other horrible poster fits the other academic scenario I presented I am going to drop a fucking BOMB on that. It would be pretty hilarious if that actually was a description of someone on here, though; I could PhDeac-hindsight-style-genius-claim it.

"If you remember, some of us knew about this poster who couldn't hack it at Wake looooong ago; you should be lauding me for being on the right track all along!"

Anyway, back on topic: Mods over on that other site, huh? NazT: I mean, WTF? Srrsly? Are their panties all bunched, or what?

Aight just read through the last couple pages. You are all idiots, especially FTDC. Hell if I was a head coach of any sport at Wake I would bar my players from using twitter and facebook immediately. Nothing good can come from it.

However attacking FTDC for coming from a JUCO school is just dumb. Now I didn't go to Wake, I'm far too lazy and stupid to even think about applying, but I know kids who got in to Wake with far less credentials.

Hell a girl I knew growing up decided to tell me one day how her parents bought her way in without me even asking. Of course it didn't hurt that her grandparents had a building named after them.

That scenario along with children of faculty members are always going to get in below the usual standard. It happens at every school. If FTDC went the JUCO route, got his shit together, and became a viable candidate for Wake's strong academic entry standards than good for him. No need to hate on a fellow alumni of yours.

Back