• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Model Minority Myth

You are comparing apples and oranges. In the first place, I reject the assumption that something was done that wasn't deserved when I was called to prepare for managing that company. By virtue of my prior experience there and business degree from WF, I was an obvious choice for the job. Secondly...and this is where your analogy completely breaks down....comparing family & government is totally ridiculous. When decisions are made within a family, it doesn't require income redistribution from anyone outside the family, whereas you are advocating that the government should take money from some people who have earned it and give it to completely unrelated other people who have not.

One purpose of the family unit is to look out for others in the family. The problem is that Democrats have come to the opinion that the government is everyone's family. And that is a big reason why...as jhmd, knowell, 89Deac & others have repeatedly pointed out...we have seen a disastrous breakdown in the family unit among people who are perpetually dependent upon government as its "family".

And as more of this is being done the situation is getting worse, not better.

So your solution to our poverty problem is that the government should stay out of it and everyone should just give their son in law a house and a job.

Makes sense.

So your solution to our poverty problem is that the government should stay out of it and everyone should just give their son in law a house and a job.

Makes sense.

Only if they are qualified. Not some arrogant jerk fresh out of college with 1-3 years of job experience. Those know it alls are the worst.

In other words, "doesn't matter, got paid".

I care about my son and grandchildren...and I am going to do everything I can to help them succeed in life by teaching them the importance of making the proper lifestyle choices...and making those proper lifestyle choices myself....and in any other tangible ways, if necessary.

If you don't give enough of a fuck about your children to make those proper lifestyles yourself, much less trying to teach the importance of that to them, why should I continue to give a fuck about it?

I went along with your philosophy for a long time. Too long. I was wrong....but now I've seen the light. And, as I have said several times in earlier posts, I owe a debt of gratitude to the liberals on these boards for opening my eyes. I've listened to guys like jhmd, Deacs89, sailordeac, ELC, 2&2, knowell & several others and I've listened to all the young polyanna liberals....and the results have been truly enlightening.

Last edited:
What about your granddaughter, the one who you were so concerned about for HB2?

I care about my son and grandson...and I am going to do everything I can to help them succeed in life by teaching them the importance of making the proper lifestyle choices...and making those proper lifestyle choices myself.

If you don't give enough of a fuck to make those proper lifestyles yourself, much less trying to teach the importance of that to your children, why should I give a fuck about it?

I went along with your philosophy for a long time. Too long. I was wrong....but now I've seen the light. And, as I have said several times in earlier posts, I owe a debt of gratitude for the liberals on these boards for opening my eyes. I've listened to guys like jhmd, 89, knowell & several others and I've listened to all the young polyanna liberals....and the results have been truly enlightening.

What does this post even mean? You taught your son and grandson to marry rich women?

Stupid poors need to marry rich. Good advice.

Just of out curiosity, bob, how did the resume of the other candidates considered for your job stack up?

Stupid poors need to marry rich. Good advice.

There are a lot of things that stupid poors (your words, not mine) need to do, PH. At the top of the list in your case is stop whining that systemic racism is the cause of all their problems.

There are a lot of things that stupid poors (your words, not mine) need to do, PH. At the top of the list in your case is stop whining that systemic racism is the cause of all their problems.

Then they earn their careers like Aladdin or Pat Knight !

What does this post even mean? You taught your son and grandson to marry rich women?

I graduated from WF before I ever got married. Getting an education instead of doing drugs and not having 3 or 4 children that you have no way to support is always helpful.

Last edited:
It's not like bkf's "success" resulted in some amazing job, company and success for his son. However the free handout by family connections will continue to trickle down upon subsequent death. Hey look an instance where trickle down actually plays a part.

Then they earn their careers like Aladdin or Pat Knight !

Why do you liberals hate the idea of traditional families so much? A strong, supportive family unit seems to have been a pretty good indicator of future success & happiness in life in this country over the last 200 years or so....yet liberals seem to prefer irresponsible behavior and perpetual government dependency as a better choice.

Why do you liberals hate the idea of traditional families so much? A strong, supportive family unit seems to have been a pretty good indicator of future success & happiness in life in this country over the last 200 years or so....yet liberals seem to prefer irresponsible behavior and perpetual government dependency as a better choice.

for how hard it's been for my wife and I to conceive, I now think back to all the time we wasted using a condom when we weren't trying to have a kid. damn, shoulda been more irresponsible.

Last edited:

your behavior is a pretty good argument against traditional child rearing

I think you quoted the wrong post. My post has nothing to do with this one.

for how hard it's been for my wife and I to concede, I now think back to all the time we wasted using a condom when we weren't trying to have a kid. damn, shoulda been more irresponsible.

LOL, what a sentence. What were you conceding? Has RJ hacked your password?

You are only coming through in waves
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying

Back