• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Most Notable Non-Sports WFU Alumnus

CantStandYa

Reaction score
ESPN had a crawl of facts about tournament teams this morning that included a notable alumnus for each school. Ours was Arnold Palmer, which got me thinking about notable non-sports alumni. If they picked a non-sports person, who would it be?

A quick Wikipedia check reveals a few options:

Politicians - Burr, Crist, etc
Carroll O'Connor
David Chase

Others?

Carroll O'Connor didn't graduate.

Emily Giffin? I don't think she'd take the place of the politicians or David Chase though.

We have a few authors on these here boards. Though some of above names better

Also there are quite a few folks I consider Wake people that I don't gunk are technically alum (Maya Angelou as an example)

Watched the entire crawl to see if they listed Arnie as ours, then shared a good laugh with my wife when West Virginia's most notable alum was Don Knotts.

Watched the entire crawl to see if they listed Arnie as ours, then shared a good laugh with my wife when West Virginia's most notable alum was Don Knotts.

They done goofed, because that's not the right answer.

nba-logo-on-wood.jpg

A woman I had a couple of classes with and a big crush on gave some kind of keynote speech at SXSW the other day, apparently, according to some facebook likes by friends. That's all I got. She was a cool girl, though, super smart. Red shirt, studied in Venice the semester before me, kind of had a look going on. I think I saw her hanging on campus one day with Jammie Deese and was like, hmmmm, she might be looking at a different market than the one I occupy, hmmmmm...

Anyway, yeah, Wake doesn't have a good list of famous folks. Kind of lame.

Last edited:

Jerry West?

I see freak beat me to it. Fairly major mistake on an NCAA bball related crawl.

Back