• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Most Notable Non-Sports WFU Alumnus

Late nineties DKE, actor who starred in Annabelle and the recently cancelled Pure Genius on CBS, stuntperson, and fashion model, Ward Horton:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1782235/

03a6414b1973bb3303bd2f8949703f82.jpg

A woman I had a couple of classes with and a big crush on gave some kind of keynote speech at SXSW the other day, apparently, according to some facebook likes by friends. That's all I got. She was a cool girl, though, super smart. Red shirt, studied in Venice the semester before me, kind of had a look going on. I think I saw her hanging on campus one day with Jammie Deese and was like, hmmmm, she might be looking at a different market than the one I occupy, hmmmmm...

Anyway, yeah, Wake doesn't have a good list of famous folks. Kind of lame.

Yeah. I remember her. Initials back then were JL. Nice girl. Real cute.

Yeah. I remember her. Initials back then were JL. Nice girl. Real cute.

I remember her too, and I see some of her stuff on Facebook -- I thought her initials were JJ (not sure initials are necessary, pretty easy to find out who the SXSW keynote speakers are)

Last edited:
May have the maiden name wrong then.

I think I remember this SXSW chick too. I think she was my year.

Watched the entire crawl to see if they listed Arnie as ours, then shared a good laugh with my wife when West Virginia's most notable alum was Don Knotts.

Some of them were pretty excellent choices. UCLA's was freaking Sean Astin.

If you include Medicine school, law school and business grad programs, the pool is a little bigger.

I didn't realize Bob Ehrlich went to Wake. I guess that would explain why I saw him in Collins randomly - I think he was helping a family member or close friend move in.

Back