• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Moto Transferring

Agree with most of what was posted - thought Moto had good upside and could be a reliable contributor. Not who I thought would transfer - best of luck to him.

Sad to see Moto go. He was a valuable contributor and had great potential for his junior and senior year.

At least now we can even out the classes a bit.

Not everything comes down to basketball either. He might just want to go somewhere else.

Decent player, but not a massive loss.

Still, seems like a good kid and I wish him the best of luck in the future.

a93b669621661bab378cfc384375fd19.jpg

I wish him the best of luck. It will be interesting to see where he lands. He certainly improved his offensive abilities from his freshman to sophomore years, but he still was a best a neutral force on offense.

Hope McClinton's knee is fully healthy and that Manning can find a way to effectively use Rountree.

Would not have guessed this one since there ought to be an abundance of playing time at his position. Of course, we don't know what all went into his decision. Oh well, best of luck to him.

He didn't enter my mind as a possible transfer. He had potential.

Doesnt make a whole lot of sense. Got through two years of [Redacted] and get a big man coach in and he jets??

Agree with most of the sentiment here. Wouldn't have been at the top of my list of possible transfers.

He will certainly be a big loss. We probably don't win the UNC and NC State game without him, and maybe not the Duke or Clemson game, either.

Moto in 2014 ACC wins: 24.2 minutes, 10.6 points, 6.9 rebounds
Moto in 2014 ACC losses: 21.5 minutes, 7.0 points, 4.1 rebounds

I wish him the best of luck. It will be interesting to see where he lands. He certainly improved his offensive abilities from his freshman to sophomore years, but he still was a best a neutral force on offense.

Hope McClinton's knee is fully healthy and that Manning can find a way to effectively use Rountree.

The optimist in me hopes that he saw how good McClinton was (didn't [Redacted] say he would have started last yr if he was healthy?) and realized he would continue to be an undersized backup PF. Maybe he wants to start on the wing somewhere? Maybe???

He was a good player on our team as constituted- and i liked him, however, he is not the quality of player that will make a difference for us in the long run in our quest to be competitive in the top tier of the ACC. His basketball life was about to upgrade so maybe it was something else. If he thinks playing for Buzzy was a better situation, he wasn't going to help us much. Wish him luck.

he was one of our best four returning players in my opinion

I agree. People keep mentioning our dearth of ACC-level talent, and I would would probably put him in there with Devin and CMM, primarily due to his athleticism and potential. Hopefully McClinton can fill in effectively, but it would have been nice to have both.

Back